37: A druken heart

Oliver set out into the hall almost running into his mother and Steven, she stopped him taking in his furious expression, of course, she didn't miss the cut on his face and his bruised cheek.

"Oh my goodness! What happened? You're all wet!" She exclaimed as she ran her hands through his wet clothes.

"You smell like whiskey, what happened?" Steven joined. Oliver peeled her hand off him before walking ahead angrily, brushing past Jonathan who was shocked to see that, he walked past Olivia and Emma, she tried to stop but he growled at her and stop her from touching him after yelling, "Don't touch me!"

"Oliver!" Elizabeth yelled but he clearly ignored her.

He grabbed his keys and stepped out of the house, he got into his car, took the wheel, and drove out of the compound with no escort.

"She looked around in panic, catch up with him! Don't let him do something stupid." She yelled to Steven. Before he could act they spotted a car leaving the parking lot, it was Tim.

Elizabeth stomped into Christopher's room, she spotted him sipping whiskey from the cup he had poured for Oliver, a meter from him was the debris of a shattered whiskey glass, very expensive and thick. Steven walked in with her, she tried stomping on him but Steven held her back.

"Mum, the glass." he pointed causing her to stop.

"Did you hit him again?! God! What did he even do to you? You're so pathetic, tomorrow is his birthday and you already ruined it!" She accusingly yelled. "If anything happens to him, I'll never forgive you! Do you hear me, Chris?!" She spun around and left. Steven doesn't say a word as he called the maids to clean the mess.

Christopher kept drinking without a word ignoring the whole world.

Oliver pulled over after driving for two hours to nowhere, he didn't care about the world at that moment he was just letting his frustration on the wheels. His phone kept buzzing but he also ignores that. He held the wheels so tight that his knuckles turned white, he was not driving safely and he knew it. A red car with youths on the wheel driving recklessly surged from nowhere and Oliver had to act quickly. He steered the wheel to the left and drove out of the road losing control of the wheel he drove straight into a tree as he repeatedly stepped on the brake. The collision is violent, he bumps his head on the wheel and blacks out.

When he opened his eyes again he groans as he tried to recollect himself, he could see the road moving, he was in a car, he glance at the driver and it was Tim. He sighed, "Pull over." He groaned.

"Why? I'm driving you home, you have been out for almost two hours."

"Please pull over," Oliver insisted. Tim didn't have any other choice than to execute his orders. He pulled over on a silent road.

Oliver adjusted himself while reaching up to feel his wound, he could feel a fabric prevent the blood from oozing.

"I'm not going back there today." He said as he slumped in his seat.

"Your mother is very worried," Tim said.

"I have made up my mind that if you care about her so much why don't you drive back and leave me here?" Oliver glared at him, "Do you think, you also have the right to decide for me 'cause you also father me? What nonsense!" He yanked the door open and stepped out even when he staggered he continued leaving Tim's sight. Tim hurriedly caught up with him and held him still.

"As you wish, sir." He said and Oliver gave in allowing him to help him back into the car. Tim shut the door and turned on the heater.

Oliver reached for a small bottle of whiskey which belonged to Tim from the cockpit. He opened the cover and started downing the alcohol without a second thought.

Tim was reluctant to stop, afraid he might blow up and threatening to leave.

"You don't need a hangover, tomorrow you have to stand in public," Tim said.

"Don't you think I don't care right now? I'm very wary of always caring and being led by the collar." Oliver said before gulping it down his throat and grimacing afterward.

"This is horrible," he commented but was quick to resume gulping the alcohol bitterly.

Tim found it abnormal, he had mistaken the bruise and the cuts for the result of the accident. He swallowed hard before asking, "why are you so upset?" He asked.

Oliver shot him a glare, "Why shouldn't I be upset? Huh? Cause androids don't get upset?" He asked.

Tim could tell the effect of the alcohol had started to kick in.

"You're not an android." Tim corrected.

"That's for you, but he thinks he can boss me around and do as he pleases with my life. I'm only 18 soon 19, and he is already betrothing me to the worst girl on earth. OLIVIA! He had better things to do. When I stood my ground he humiliated me like he always does. I'm really trying not to hate him, after all he has done to me, I'm striving to appreciate this man that sees me as an asset, but it isn't working. He is flinging my plans, he is-" Oliver pauses to take two gulps.

"Making it harder."

Tim nodded as he understood the story better, "I understand." He said.

"He hit me so hard on the face, and he almost killed me with a bottle. He must be mad." Oliver ranted half slurring as he continued.

"Sometimes I feel like knowing how death feels. So sometimes I wish I was not born. I failed to confess my love to Evelyn and I lost her, now I would get married to a woman I don't like, not even love. What a sad story for me. But who cares?! My mother abandoned me, my father neglected my desires, and my brothers never had a relationship with me. I have always worked hard, striving to build a name with my being, soul, and desires. How I wish I could go back in time and never be born." He slurred.

Tim nodded, "I understand." He glared at Tim.

"No, you don't. I will rather be poor and homeless yet have a choice than be rich and programmed by my father. He was threatening me, and he meant it, I know him. He can kill me, he can destroy me. I have no control over who I want to be. While you're this cool bodyguard who might have had a bad history with the cops or background, and who has every choice in life. I'm not ungrateful. I'm just profoundly hurt, deep inside. I have never said a thing but." He takes another triple gulp.

"I wish I could scream it to the world!" He exclaimed panting afterward when he attempted to take another gulp Tim stopped him snatching the bottle.

"That's enough." He said.

"Give it back, idiot." He hissed.

"That's enough." Tim refused.

Oliver rolled his eyes, his bangs were loose everywhere over his face, he looked cute Tim noticed, like his younger brother who was serving in juvenile.

"You know Tim." Oliver rested his head on the window. "I self-harmed a couple of times when I was younger and it helped. I think it was stupid. Being a man is what I do, yet I'm not good enough for my father, I try not to collapse because of the weight and I know I won't. Maybe Olivia would change her mind. She must change her mind." He said softly as he drifted off to sleep.

Tim sighed, he reached for his phone, typing a message to Steven.

He started the engine and pulled out, "You'll get over it boy, you have to fight that control once and for all."

Yet again here is another one for you.