38: Guilty Clouds

Tim drove in late around 1 am, he helped Oliver out supporting him into the house where Elizabeth, Steven, Emma, and Olivia were waiting patiently. He was half asleep and was staggering Elizabeth quickly approached them gasping when she saw his face.

"Baby, my God." She ran a hand on his face.

"What happened?" Olivia whispered.

Steven joined Tim to help Oliver upstairs to his room. They got him on the bed and covered him after Elizabeth took off his shoes.

They left the room as she closed the door slightly.

"What on earth happened?" Steven questioned Tim, he ran into an accident but it was a minor injury. He might have a pounding headache when he wakes up, but nothing he can't bear." Tim explained. Elizabeth was already in tears as Mark comforted her.

Tim doesn't say any further words deciding against it, those words might expose Oliver's deepest secrets and would cause him further harm.

Elizabeth was dressed up early and was already sneaking into Oliver's room. The bed was empty as usual, she heard a groan coming from the bathroom, and she hastened towards it only to come before a scene that skipped the beat of her heart. Oliver was trying to place a bandaid on his wounds with blood dripping along with water from his went curls.

"Lemme do it." She said startling him as he had not heard her approaching steps.

"Mother." He called softly only to wince while rubbing his temple.

She reached for the first aid knit and a towel, she invited him to sit on his bed which he did, she first wiped his hair softly, enjoying every bit of his silence, when it was dry she helped him to seal his wounds.

"You shouldn't have left angrily, see what happened." She scolded.

Oliver doesn't say a word, in response, but stares at his shelves of trophies like they were the most interesting thing on the planet.

"Promise me to never leave the compound and take a car on your own when you're angry."

Oliver doesn't show any sign of understanding. So she intentionally applied force to the bandaid on his wound causing him to wince.

"Understood?"

"Yes, mother." He replied in a raspy voice. After she had finished tending to his wounds she kissed him on the forehead.

"I'm very proud of you, even if it wasn't the plan I had for you, I'm just being a mother, I've never seen you act naughty the last time was a long time ago with the rats." She laughed causing Oliver to smile. His smile was priceless to her.

"I like it when you smile, you're very cute." She reached for his comb.

"I can do it." He said but she insisted on combing his hair and he gave in.

She applied the products and all before she combed delicately through his hair.

"Your father hit you again right." She bitterly brought back the moment as she combed his hair innocently.

Oliver doesn't answer after some time but he eventually does, "Who said that?"

"I don't need a voice, I know you, and the bruise here." She pointed at his bare stomach Oliver could only notice his bare chest after she mentioned it, so he stood up going to pick a tee from his closet.

He slipped it on. "Let's forget about this, okay? It was very unfortunate." Oliver tried to dismiss it.

"What happened?" She asked.