22: You're stunning Africa

With his hands clenching and unclenching, Oliver found himself lost in a parking lot with no car in the middle of an evening. He was nervous and cold, he was on black pants and a black button-down shirt with rolled-up sleeves. 

For some reason, his feet were trembling, as he was walking at a fast pace while looking around. 

"Oliver!" He heard a loud voice and spun his head around glancing at the open, no one was to be sighted. 

He looked pale and petrified! A militia of chills was already matching down his spine, he found the strength to back away before turning around and sprinting on an unending parking lot without cars. He ran as fast as he could, feet slapping on the paved ground. 

He didn't make it far before he was tackled to the ground. The collision was violent; he had blood coming out of his mouth and staining the gray floor. 

"Hi, brother." 

"It's been a long time." 

A familiar voice said. 

"Let Go!" Oliver screamed. 

"Nuh-uh," the stranger turned him over so he could stare straight at his green eyes and golden blond hair. He raised his balled fist with rings and slammed it on Oliver's face. 

Oliver screamed out of his nightmare and fell down his desk chair with the bottle of wine falling to the floor and scattering as it hit the ground. Oliver tried to get off the ground only to have his hand land on the shattered bottle. Needling pain pierced his nerve and he hissed bringing his hand to his view. Pieces of bottles were stuck in his palm and it hurt, blood trickled down his palm as he gritted his teeth. 

Tim and his fellow barged in with Clare behind them, she gasped when she saw him. They started slipping in their guns when they saw him on the floor injured. 

Mrs. Clare nodded to Tim who helped Oliver up while Tom went to grab the first aid knit. 

She took the pieces out one after the other and applied alcohol to the cut before wrapping it in a bandage. 

"Nightmare?" She asked as they sat on the sofa in his office. 

Oliver took his hand from hers and watched it. "Yeah." 

"You shouldn't sleep in your office, sir." 

"I know." Oliver said as he sat up, "good night Mrs. Clare." He stepped out into the hall with his suit in his grip. When he got to his room he threw himself on his bed and glanced at the time 3 am. Another day has already begun, and the time to face it, is yet to come. 

He sighed as he shut his eyes just to drift back to his nightmare. 

*******

"I don't like the zoo," Oliver said to Evelyn as they strolled past the chimps who stared at them. 

"I had my guess." Evelyn chuckled. 

"Any bad experience with the zoo as a kid?" She asked. 

Oliver shook his head, "I have only been to the zoo once before this." He explained. 

Evelyn gasped, "No, you're lying." 

Oliver glanced at her, "The first time was when I went for a school outing, the second time is now." He said. 

"You really hated it the first time?" 

"Yeah, some kids were screaming and got into a huge fight. It was a mess." He explained. 

Evelyn chuckled, "you're easily discouraged from trying out something after the first one." 

"I'm not stupid," Oliver muttered and Evelyn giggled. 

"Hey! Look at the parrots!" She pointed excitedly. 

Oliver glanced the way of her finger and spotted the blue-yellow parrots. "Hm," he glanced at her. 

She seemed to enjoy the sight so she pulled out her phone to start taping the moment. Oliver just stares at her peanut face with a broad grin, her honey eyes wide with excitement. She looked like a symbol of Africa. 

*She isn't that ugly. He thought maybe unkept. 

"What are you staring at?" Evelyn pouted when she caught him lost in peering at her face. 

"Uh, sorry." Oliver cleared his throat and looked away. 

"Why do you like wearing denim?" He asked as they resumed their visit. Oliver tried to ignore the four men around them, two behind him and two ahead, bodyguards he didn't need.

Evelyn's beaming expression turned to a dark one, almost gloomy and she lost the beauty of her smile, her honeycombs became dark. And she looked away trying to step away from him. 

But he grabbed her wrist firmly and refused to let go even when she tried to pull away. He rolled his eyes as he brought her to sit on one of the made benches, not fancy but it was either that or she leaves. Ladies were tough his mother had always told him, and they were dilemmas. 

"My sincere apology if I had said something you found offensive, that was not my intention." He let go of her hand and looked away. "Sorry." 

"When I was just a toddler my mother died, she had an accident and didn't survive, before it happened we both planned to wear denim gowns for the rest of the week. And since she left I haven't gotten over it, that's why you see me in a denim gown, always all style still the same." She explained sadly before gazing up at Oliver's face. He had piercings with black diamond earrings the perfect match for his black trousers and wine suit.

Oliver settled his eyes on her face, "try to get over it, Eve. I know it is not easy, but challenge yourself to it and I know you can do it. You're determined." He said. 

Evelyn pulled him in a quick hug that made him flinch and stiffen. "Relax, I don't bite." She said as she hugged his chest. 

Oliver let out a small huff and tried to do as instructed. 

They went to visit more animals and Evelyn got excited taking pictures and promising to make research, she even shared stories both real and made up about the background of those animals, of course, Oliver knew the real stories behind them but the made-up ones struck him unexpectedly, he only laughed out loud at her stupid imagination though she was entertaining. 

Evelyn on the other hand had never seen Oliver so humorous and not gloomy or thoughtful. He was relaxed and friendly. The whole world and his problems seemed to have faded. 

After a while, Oliver glanced at his watch as they enjoyed their ice cream. "Hey, I have to go now." He hesitantly announced. 

Evelyn smiled, "have a nice day ahead." She smiled. 

"I'm going to let one of my bodyguards drop you when you're done." He said. 

She shook her head, "is not necessary Mr. Money bag. I don't wanna attract attention." 

Oliver nodded before getting up and adjusting his suit, he started walking away only to pause, "you know, Eve." He turned around. "You're beautiful when you smile even if you decide to wear denim all your life, even on the day of your marriage. You're stunning when you put a touch of a smile." He said. 

Evelyn doesn't get the chance to say a word as she was too lost in her mind to do so. *Did Oliver Tomlinson Brook aka Mr. Money bag just call her stunning? 

Oliver went about his way, spending the rest of his time in his office in Zilda, he grouped the teams together and made out a goal, they got to work and could only wait for progress. He left the office late past his usual bedtime. 

He got home to music blasting and loud laughter. He managed to slip to the west wing of his huge penthouse. He had given instructions that his relatives be placed in the east wing far away from him. He slipped into his room tired from the day's work. 

He sat on his desk to get to his schoolwork, but he couldn't help but drift back to that stunning beauty of Mrs. Denim. 

Hello guys, I hope you're good. Having a lot going on now, but still investing in this cause it makes me happy to know that I make others happy.