33: Olivia stomped

Oliver slowly stepped into his room before shutting the door after Tim had dropped his luggage and left. He peered at the white walls with a portrait of him and his father, he looked no different, younger and just blank. His father looks pridefully proud.

He glanced at the shelf on the right filled with different trophies and noble prizes he had won. On the left were valuable books and artifacts. The room was so empty for a teen who lived there.

He moved to the bed and lowered himself gently yet thoughtfully.

He hated the wide space and the white walls, he hated the decorations and had wished so many nights that a hurricane would destroy the house. But it never happened.

His view had changed but his taste had not. He had lived like the golden slave all his life till he broke the curse. Though not fully, the fight was still long and the war was ahead.

Oliver took off his jacket, placing it neatly beside him as his gaze wandered around the room in memory of long and pain-filled nights of regrets.

He finally changed out of his clothes and freshened up, he let his olive curls fall freely on his shoulders while he ran a hand on his scalp. He reached for his pills and took a smaller quantity than before as he had planned on lowering his stress level, he slipped them under his pillows.

He grabbed a book with a small smile, one thing he would always be glad about, running wild behind the book cover.

The family gathered on a long dining table to have dinner, the table was filled with life and stories being shared. Oliver arrived late from trying to control the anxiety he was feeling.

When Elizabeth saw him she rose to kidnap him before Olivia does, she brought him to an empty seat next to her, a seat she had specially reserved for him.

"Honey, I want you to eat as much as you want, okay?" She grabbed a plate and began serving him. It was way more than he could eat but he dare not tell her, scared she would shove the plate down his throat with how much she was fussing.

He ate silently while listening to his cousins and uncles share their memories of their different travels.

"Oliver dear, your mother spoke a lot about you. And we saw you in a magazine. Would you like to share your experience?" An aunt asked.

Oliver looked up and cleared his throat, "I had to strive every day to bring a better idea to the table, and push the crew to make it possible. I had to attend meetings to get the right investors and create a way for the project to be on the top list, Aunt Theresa." He explained

"Dear, that's a lot of work." Theresa admitted with a cheery grin that revealed her wrinkles.

"It's impressive you inherited your father's ambition." Thomas, who was her husband added.

"Isn't it great? A young man of great wisdom." Olivia complimented and Olivia ignored her.

"Oliver, come on finish up," Elizabeth said when she noticed he had only eaten a quarter of the meal on his plate.

He opened his mouth to utter a word of confusion but his phone started buzzing and he reached for it, he reached for it as usual, "Excuse me." He said as he sat up.

He exited the room, to join Tim who was waiting in the hall, "you should thank me, little prince." He joked.

Oliver rolled his eyes, "You saved my life." He said.

"Oliver!"

Tim and Oliver both turned around Olivia was standing right there with a wide smile. "Aunt Elizabeth wants you to return to the table." She said,

Oliver and Tim shared a look silently. "Come on, bring that lazy bum of yourself." She grinned.

Oliver cleared his throat, "why don't you come with me instead let's have a talk in my room. Now that all of them are having dinner." He chirped in with his brilliant idea.

Olivia grinned from ear to ear, "I love that." She bit her lip as she took his hand. They walked together to his room and Oliver tried not to look uncomfortable.

She shut the door behind them and stepped into his room with her heels knocking on the floor, "you have a lot of trophies, you're brilliant indeed." She complimented.

"Hm." Oliver hummed, as he reached for the book he was reading.

"So did you find any girl there in America?" She asked.

Oliver chuckled, as he thought of Evelyn barking at him that night, "I'm not a charming guy. I mainly worked." He said.

She smiled, "you're a very charming, handsome, and cute guy." She winked.

Oliver drew in a breath, "I'm not ready to get into any relationship. I had one with you and it ended with both of us wanting to take air." He explained.

"That was then, and we were very young. I was just 15 and we didn't understand things." Olivia said as she brushed a lock behind her ear looking serious for the very first time since he arrived.

"Olivia, I know what I was doing and you did, we aren't made to be together," Oliver said.

"Do you like a girl and you don't want to tell me?" She looked on the verge of something.

Oliver rolled his eyes, "I already told you, Olivia. Stop this,"

"Because you sound like some freak with a broken heart!" She shoots before stomping out.

"Great!" Oliver hissed as she slammed the door. He switched on the TV as he grabbed a bottle of red wine on the nightstand.

Oliver grew up with Olivia as the only person his age who could walk his home freely and interact with him, he didn't have friends and didn't have time for friends, he was busy holding too many tasks and responsibilities that came from the high expectations of his Father. Olivia always saw herself as his best friend, though she was highly mistaken. He had never paid attention to her, rather things were tight up to his throat, so bad he would have nightmares of those responsibilities stomping on him.

He reached for his tablet as he glanced at the news channel, he opened his Gmail trying to attend to them all, his heart skipped a beat when he saw EveBubblebee23@gmail.com

"This is my part of the project, we need to get together so we can come up with the second part and submit it."

Oliver lowered his gaze to the Pdf.

He quickly typed, "I'll provide it before tomorrow." But deleted it. He sighed before dropping his tablet.

A soft knock on the door called for his attention, he muttered a come in before the door cracked open and Clare walked in, "Sir, your father won't be here today, he would land tomorrow, and he wants you to pick him up from the airport." She announced while adjusting her glass.

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Noted, thanks."

Clare nodded sympathetically before leaving.

Hello guys, I hope you're good sorry for the late update but dangggg I was busyyyyyyyyyy.

Comment
And add the book to your library.