30: Rage filled

Oliver slid a paper across the table and Evelyn reached for it. "This is too perfect." She pouted.

Oliver squinted at her, "doesn't perfect sound like good grades?"

Evelyn rubbed her temples, "dude, relax, be human sometimes. You suck." She clicked her pen to life as crossed some words, murmuring "too formal, too straight. Ouh a little too big."

Oliver rolled his eyes and she was so stubborn.

"Evelyn!" An intruder placed his hand on her shoulder causing her to spin around.

Kendrick was standing there looking red in the face. "Is it with him? You refuse to see or speak with me because of this rich guy of yours? How have you stooped so low!" He boomed

Oliver stood up approaching Kendrick who glared at him. "Get out." He said in a dead tone. Evelyn waited for the fight as Kendrick poked Oliver's chest.

"What would you do? Idiot?"

Tim was quick to intervene, grabbing Kendrick's arm in surprise and pinning him on the table harshly.

"Let go!"

"Get out of this place, now. Before you find yourself in jail for assault." Tim whispered harshly before pulling Kendrick away who protested but to no avail.

"Are-" Evelyn started.

"Let's resume the work, and deal with bugs later." He flashed a fake smile, before resuming. Evelyn understood he was very pissed but couldn't tell his next move, she knew him too well, and he would not let that push go like nothing happened.

"Excuse me," Oliver said as he sat up heading to the restroom, he disappeared behind the corridor and Evelyn didn't follow him. He pulled out his phone once there.

"Tim, get me our uninvited guest's address," Oliver said on the phone.

"Yes sir."

Oliver returned to Evelyn looking more relaxed than ever. Evelyn didn't like the side of him, he looked evil and less innocent.

**********

Evelyn heard her doorbell, Madison was to pick her up so they could head to the skate pack.

She flipped the door open revealing Kendrick with bloody lips and black eyes, bruises on his cheeks, and cuts on his face.

"What the hell?!" She exclaimed before letting him. Kendrick immediately went to the sofa, panting from anger and jealousy, while Evelyn retrieved the first aid kit, she tossed it to him and he caught it.

"What happened? You didn't change, always bullying people and getting into beef. She crossed her arms and jolted her hips.

Kendrick opened his mouth but did not utter a word. He stared her down, she was beautiful, he had not known her with the appearance she had, he knew her in denim and afro curls, she had changed so much. His lack of words caused Evelyn to snap her fingers on his face, "Listen here." She raised her polished chocolate nail.

"You can't walk in here when you get beat up again, don't tell me you don't have a first aid kit at home." She sassed rudely.

"Oliver is behind this," Kendrick said.

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "Stop and get the hell out already." She pointed at the door.

Kendrick shoots up, "I was walking down my block when I got jumped, the niggas who did this said, know your limit bug, from our boss. Now, where does that come from? That guy is not fit for you, I still love you and I'm sorry if I caused you pain in the past I have changed." Kendrick said while running a hand in his jet-black hair.