31: Split my feelings

Oliver slammed his locker as he recalled his relatives leaving his home for good, they were all returning to London before him. He couldn't be any happy, yet he felt unhappy at the sudden disappearance of Evelyn. Since he stepped into the school he had not spotted her anywhere. He left his home for a bug building for her, and she didn't even show up, he had already made up his mind to switch to online classes because he needed to focus on his work.

Tim caught Oliver glancing at the hall for the hundredth time with expectations in his irises, Tim's work was to protect the youngster, which included protecting him from worries so his condition doesn't get worse. "Why are you bothered, sir?" He asked in a light tone like he was about to taunt him as usual, The bigger man had no formal respect for the youngster, he was just a teenager and he needed protection.

Oliver turned to face Tim, "I can't find Evelyn." He said with a sad face, as he stared back again.

"If you would allow the others in here, they can help," Tim said referring to the other bodyguards Oliver had asked to remain with the car and not come in because he would be attracting too much attention with them by his side.

Oliver rolled his eyes before slapping his forehead lightly, "that's not an option."

"Why don't we ask her friends then?" Tim offered yet again.

Oliver stiffen, "how do I address them without sounding formal?" He asked, recalling what Evelyn told him one day.

"I'll do it for you." Tim proposed.

Oliver blushed deeply, "f-forget it." he turned around. "She wouldn't pick my calls, then I'll stomp to her house." He said out loud encouraging himself for the crazy act.

The ride to her house was smooth, he had his glasses rolled up for protection, he didn't need the fresh air, it was partly sunny and cloudy, not the perfect weather, however, Oliver thought about Evelyn. She had never acted so childish and a little selfish before.

When his vehicle pulled in front of her house he got out adjusting his suit, he rang the doorbell and waited, he could hear the echo in the giant house. After waiting for some seconds no one showed up so he did it again, three more times before he bared his teeth in anger.

He stepped back pulling his phone, he dialed her number one last time, before opting for Mr. Peter's, but still nothing.

He felt his heart tingle and squeeze in worry, *"what if Kendrick took it out on her?" Oliver shook his head. *He can't.

"Get me Madison's number or whatever she is called, get me her address even!" Oliver said to his bodyguards and they half nodded. He stepped away as he glared at the door. The car drove out of the compound.

Oliver felt his phone buzzing, he reached for it, it was Mr. Benson. He pulled the phone to his ear.

"Sir, a very important client is seeking to see you."

Oliver paused, "I can't see them, I have better to do and cancel my meetings for today, I think I will be held up all day." He said, planning how he would fill a case against Kendrick for kidnapping and probably murder.

"Yes sir."

Oliver reached for his pills in his pocket, opening the bottle he poured a considerable amount into his palm and swallowed while Tim watched worriedly.

They spent the day looking for Madison's contact, visiting one friend to another with Tim showing up while Oliver stayed in the car. Finally, they arrived at Madison's doorstep at 7 pm.

"I'm Oliver Brooks, Evelyn's friend." He introduced himself to Madison who had opened the door.

Madison nodded, "I know." She smiled a lopsided smile.

"Sorry, for the disturbance in this late hour. But I'm worried about my friend. I haven't seen her all day and she has not been picking up my calls. Do you happen to know where she might be? You're my last hint."

Madison gawked at him a bit before nodding, "she is probably in her room spying through the window and trying to avoid you." Madison said.

Oliver frowned, "how are you so sure?"

Madison shrugged, "I've been her best friend since we were toddlers. And we were texting a minute ago."

Oliver nodded, "she was just putting up a cold shoulder game?"

Madison confirmed his words with a quick nod, "yeah." She added.

"Thank you for your cooperation, your help is highly appreciated," Oliver said to Madison before shaking her hand. She looked stunned and confused. What a weird way of speaking.

Oliver drove a block away from Evelyn's home then he walked with Tim and two other bodyguards to Evelyn's house again, he rang the bell and waited patiently while praying Madison was not mistaken. He heard sounds of quick footsteps before a click and the door flew open.

Evelyn was standing there with her afro hair in twists, making her look like some cute fruit with hair. Oliver quickly overlooked that and came in when she tried to shut the door ordering Tim to stay out.

"Have you been trying to ignore me all this while?"

Evelyn looked away, " I don't want to see you isn't it obvious? Just leave me alone." She whined.

"Because of Kendrick? He came running to you like a lost puppy and you paid heed to his stupidity?"

"You're the stupid one here! You have money doesn't give you access to be a coward, and to stomp here like this, uninvited." She gestured angrily at nothing.

"I've been trying to speak to you all day, and you have no idea what I did to get here." Oliver tried to emphasize.

"I don't care, I didn't beg for it. Did I?" She scoffed.

Oliver got really upset by her words, "By ignoring your phone and toying with your father's phone you had me worried sick!" Oliver said when he saw Mr. Peter's phone on the table.

"I thought something had happened to you and your father, I went from house to house trying to get Madison's number, I called off my meetings and almost contacted the cops when she told me you were just throwing a cold shoulder act? How can you be so childish? Don't you care about my feelings?!" He angrily blasted in a calm tone but it sounded like a coming storm.

Evelyn paused, "Stop victimizing yourself! I was just upset and speaking with you is not helping! That was why I tried to avoid you."

Oliver couldn't believe his ears, she was turning against him because he had worried about her.

"Heck! This is all about your stupid ex who shows up, and tries to ruin everything!"

"Not at all, is all about you being a selfish snob who thinks he is the center of the universe!" She shoots, hurting him further.

Oliver stared at her now dark coffee brown eyes before shaking his head slowly, "I can't believe you right, now." He said.

"I don't appreciate what you do with money, like that, you don't have decisions over people's life. If you think I'm a burden you can leave and don't get worried or show up this time." She angrily said. "After all we're just friends for benefits, I help you get good grades and vice versa."

Oliver felt a pang on his chest but didn't react, rather he kept a straight face, "I'm profoundly sorry if I invaded your personal space or caused you to be distracted." He stepped back and disappeared behind the door. Evelyn watched him stomp to his car without glancing back and drove off.

She sighed, *What a jerk? She huffed.

Hello guys, this is it? The story is taking a different turn.

What would happen now?