51: A good relationship

The day ran faster than a bunny on an open field, every nerve in Oliver's system had calmed down like a hill after a storm. He could think clearly again and for once he wanted to go on a break trip with Evelyn. It sounded like a tough idea, he had to get through his father which he planned on doing. He really loved Evelyn and planned on proposing to her, well maybe sometime in the future. 

The window of the flight had the most beautiful sight, sometimes when he gazes at the open he can't help but feel his heart melt at the beauty and design. Only an artist could do it for sure it wasn't the work of an explosion. A creator had designed the canvas of the sky beautifully just like people. But beyond that life could be hellish with too many responsibilities and worse, pain and sadness. As the plane traveled through the sky Oliver could only stare out the window, he felt at peace, out of the reach of any problem or toxic people. 

If it was for him he would remain in the sky till the world ends. 

Tim hauled his luggage as they got out of the plane to the crowd of travelers and tourists. Each person with their bags and passport, some with pets others with overly jumpy children who screamed and played around. 

Oliver had never imagined himself a father and he doesn't look towards it. He had so many insecurities. First with himself, his principles, and his beliefs. After all, he inherited his father's character. 

Garry steered the wheel taking a slow turn down the gravel way into the garage of the penthouse. 

Oliver got out with a soft groan, clutching to his side softly. He still suffers aching from the wound. 

Tim sent a worried glance his way and he lifted his hand to dismiss and assure him. They walked into his house and were immediately greeted by the sweet aroma of pastries and voices in the kitchen. They were happy female voices probably gossiping about the talk of the town. 

Oliver quickly slipped on his mental mask brushing his tiredness and pain off. His mother must not know about his incident.

"Mother!" He called as he started heading towards the kitchen. He didn't pay close attention to the second voice, he wanted to see his mother and make sure she was well treated while he was away. As he approached the kitchen door and came into view he stopped dead in his tracks on seeing his mother and Evelyn making pastries covered in stains of flour and paste. With huge grins. 

"Darling dearest," his mother grinned as she approached him, parting her hands and hugging him with her mid arms so she wouldn't stain his expensive clothes. 

"You're back early. How was your trip son?" She asked.

Oliver had to tear his eyes off Evelyn and concentrate on the question he was asked, Evelyn giggled. "Darling dearest." She snickered. 

Oliver blushed slightly, it was obvious the women were not going to tell him anything soon. 

"It was good. I got the contract." He summarized softly, his hazel eyes traveling back to Evelyn who grins innocently. 

"Yay!" Evelyn cheered. 

"Good news. We knew it, so we prepared a feast for today." Elizabeth revealed as she returned to steering the paste. 

"What about you people?" He asked. Elizabeth glanced at Evelyn and they both laughed. 

"It was amazing, Evelyn kept me company, and one time we told a shopkeeper we were mother and daughter," Elizabeth explained and Evelyn barked a soft angelic laugh that sent warmth through Oliver's chest. Damn, she sounded pretty.