53: I'll take a bullet for her

Oliver spent the night in a hotel room after he had gone to see Evelyn who he was conversing with before Olivia barged in. His house was constantly on fire with her around. She was always complaining about receiving little love and being mistreated. Then she had brought his father into their affair.

Oliver sighed for the hundredth time that day when the sound of his buzzing phone pierced through his stress with yet another news to be anxious about. "Dr. Joseph."

"Greetings Oliver, this is to inform you that the heart is available and so is your surgery room. It is scheduled for tomorrow by 9:00 am you should be here so we can prepare you for the transplant.

Oliver nodded, forgetting the doctor could not see him through the phone. "Yeah, I would be there." He waited for the doctor to hang up before he dailed Evelyn's number.

"Eve." He started.

"Olaf, what's up?"

"The transplant is scheduled for tomorrow. I want you to come along."

"Sure, are you nervous?" she asked.

Oliver paused on the other line without a word, he didn't want to tell her but felt like he must let it out maybe it would help, "yes, not very nervous. But considerably anxious. I know I won't die and even if I die I have met my requirements."

"Stop being pessimistic. We'll get through this." She assured me.

"Thanks. Speak to you soon." He hung up

He was planning to leave his office and back to his house after he had been working all day as a means to prevent his mind from returning to Olivia's madness, his mother had ringed him and so had Olivia. He sent her a text that he would be home and ignored Olivia's call. He left his office earlier than usual getting ready to face his father, of course, Olivia would never joke about that she meant it and Christopher was capable of it.

Oliver invited Tim to a restaurant where they dine together and Tim was not standing, Tim found it strange that Oliver would invite him to eat along with him. He had done it before, yeah but only when he was unhappy and depressed when he didn't care.

"Tim, I would like to tell you something." He started as he sliced through his stake.

"Do you want me to do something?"

"No." Oliver dropped the folk as he raised his hazel gaze. "I would like to say a big thanks to you. For being supportive and annoying. You acted like an ass most of the time and didn't change one bit. But you also threw your life in the line to protect mine, and I can only have more respect for the bodyguard that you are and I'm promoting you to the head of all my bodyguards. And I want you by my side always cause you're not only a good, competent, and amazing bodyguard. You're also." He cleared his throat. "My friend. I guess that's what they call it." He ended.

Tim rolled his eyes with a crooked smile, "are you dying anytime soon?" He asked and they both laughed.

"Evelyn says I'm not then I won't die." He confidently said.

They remained in the calm atmosphere of the restaurant talking about what they had been through and how they felt about each other. They were suddenly interrupted by a drama which unfolded right before them, a typical Hispanic woman with tattooed skin yelling at a couple and according to her the man was her fiancé, the security had to deal her out cause everyone was filming, and since it was an expensive place of respect and silence they had to get her out.

Oliver left anyway as he was not interested in stories like that. It was a chilling evening, the air was cold, and would make anyone shiver. Flecks of snow were beginning to be spotted dropping from the sky. Kids ran the street beside their parents ranting about Christmas. It made Oliver a little sick because Christmas meant he had to be with his family. His father was the problem and his uncles and aunts that talked about more than they knew.