23: Struggle and Love

"You would explain to him, he is your responsibility now." Elizabeth had said to her now divorced husband, Christopher who was staring with a mixture of rage and sadness. 

Elizabeth grabbed her handbag while keeping eye contact with Christopher, "Steven and Jonathan wait for me in the car. I'll be right there." She instructed.

The two brothers gaze up at their mum and nodded before leaving. "That's it, I have my two sons, you have Oliver." She said with a look of disdain.  

"He is just 11 years old, this is a stupid idea to abandon your son when he is so young, Steven and Johnathan are older. He needs you more." 

Elizabeth shook her head, "I can't do this anymore, you're a workaholic and you don't pay much attention to our family, you only need me to manage your family but that is over, we're divorced and now I have a boyfriend, we're going to start over. I bought a penthouse for me, the boys, and him. As for Oliver, if you care so much, let him come with me!" 

"Nonsense! If you don't stay, forget it!" 

"Okay then, good luck. I can't continue doing this, he is your full-time business now." She took a step back. 

"Is it because I asked for us to have another child? Are you doing this because you don't feel he is part of your children and because I asked for him, he is my responsibility?" Christopher argued. 

"Stop this! Just fucking stop it! Okay?" Elizabeth frowned deeply. "Tell him about our divorce, he would understand you made him so smart." 

"He is a freaking kid!" Christopher yelled. 

Elizabeth sighed while turning her face away from him, "we're done. No more love! No more family! Done." She opened her eyes just to find Oliver above the stairs with a book in his grip adjusting his glasses while staring straight at her.

She gasped soundlessly Christopher followed her gaze to find their son on the stair with a pale face. Elizabeth turned to glare at her ex before stomping away slamming the door as she left. 

Christopher walked to the mini bar where he poured champagne for himself. 

"Come here, son." He said his words were followed by Oliver's light steps, then he appeared before his father, with innocent hazel eyes. 

"Your mother and I will no longer live together, she just left with your brothers to her home, but you'll see her rarely, cause I won't give her access to the child she abandoned." His hands clenched around the cup as he gulped the champagne. 

Oliver stared up at the big man. "She found a lover! She broke her home!" He ranted to himself as he grabbed the full bottle and began gulping. 

"Don't you ever fall in love with any woman. They'll end up breaking your heart like your mother just did! After all these years." He lamented. 

Oliver turned around to leave discreetly while it was still time. 

"Where do you think you're going, boy?" 

He turned around slowly, staring at his father's rage-filled eyes. "I didn't give you permission to leave!" He shouted and Oliver flinched. 

Then he approached him slowly but angrily. "You're already copying from her right?!" 

"No sir, I'm sorry sir." Oliver blurted with wide eyes. 

Christopher hit him across the face really hard but the kid only bowed his head. 

"Save it and get out of my sight!" He hissed. Oliver was quick to scramble off. 

End of flashback. 

Oliver sighed as he watched the screen, so much progress over the past two weeks. He stood up, adjusted his suit, and walked out of his office to the meeting hall, as the employee saw him they rose and waited. 

He cleared his throat to sound louder, "We have worked so hard but not hard enough we can do better than this, but I must say, I'm very proud of you all, this is a very good teamwork and the company's profit to investors had boost, thanks to your spirit of teamwork." He said and the employees who were stunned by his speech clapped. Oliver was known to be harsh with his workers and demanding more work but recently they had noticed his good mood and his compliments. 

He was becoming more and more of a leader than a CEO. 

He left office earlier than he had been leaving for the past two weeks. He had succeeded in catching up with the company's profit. There was no pressure to stay long hours and work more than usual. 

His car rode into his compound and his bodyguards helped him out. Oliver looked exhausted after two weeks of relentless work. He slept in the office sometimes and came home very late some nights though he still spent time with Evelyn who had changed a lot from their last discussion. 

At this point, Oliver knew he was in love. It was a strange feeling indeed but he couldn't do better than ignore it. She didn't like him and probably was holding a grudge for the past. 

Oliver walked through the door lost in thought, Evelyn was a good girl, smart and childish but she had the heart of an angel. He wouldn't stop thinking about her and going through the pictures they snapped together. 

"Welcome back home boss!" Someone shouted and was followed by laughter. 

Emma stood up from the couch, she was a blond girl with short hair and gray eyes. The spitting image of her father Anders. Oliver was immediately filled with dislike. 

"You've grown so much the last time we met you were 15 and a little smaller. Look at that face." She teased as she approached him with a mean look in her eyes. Emma was older than him by three years and was always finding favor in the eyes of the Brook family.

"You've been hiding from us for two weeks." Jonathan walked from the kitchen holding a bottle of beer. 

"I was busy with work," Oliver responded with his voice emotionless. 

"Ouuuhh, what a cold voice." Jonathan mocked as he approached Oliver after dropping the beer on the coffee table, the blond man fixed his younger brother with sea green eyes. 

"Guys stop picking on him. He is the spitting image of father." Steven said from where he was seated, he had a brown beard and hair, with brown eyes. He was huge, he looked like a gym person, the kind woman would find hot! Sharp jawline, nice teeth, charming gruff voice, and tight arms. 

Jonathan on the other hand was more like the playboy, he had good athletic features and looked hot too. They both looked like their father, tough and huge. While he carried after Shana and his mother slim, pale, and beautiful. 

"Shush!" Emma shoots back with a laugh. 

"Sir, you're home." Clare came down the stairs. 

"Hm, I don't want dinner, I'll just go to bed," Oliver said to Clare and started ahead only to be grabbed firmly by Jonathan. He fixed his brother dead in the eyes, Jonathan had a smirk playing on his lips. 

"Get your hands off me, Jonathan," Oliver said to him in a dangerously low tone. 

"I'll have to ask you to step back, sir." Tim came in. 

Jonathan glared at Tim, "stay out of this bodyguard." 

"Now." Oliver broke eye contact and stared ahead before Tim grabbed Jonathan's arm and twisted it to the back catching his punch mid-air and slamming him on the wall, in a strong pin. 

"Hm," Oliver scoffed softly as he started ahead. His other bodyguards followed. Tim let go without an apology and followed them. 

Jonathan had a hateful look on his face, as Steven shook his head.

"Little bitch!" He cursed under his breath. 

Hiya family🙂

D R O P Your comments.