~42~

"You know that we have to talk, don't you?" I asked Shivaay as we sat down for breakfast. His explanation about answering his carnal urges because he was afraid to lose me was clearly not enough. I wanted more, did not want to accept his embrace at night and love him in secret like that. I was tired of waiting. I wanted to know what was in store for us.

"Why? I thought we had had our talk earlier this morning..." Shivaay trailed off. Sure, he could act smart, with his smug look as if last night never happened.

"Come on, really? You very well know what I want to talk about! What's gonna happen when we go back to India? Are you still gonna play the ignorant one? Fucking me behind closed doors while we play the good siblings drama?" I spat. I was clearly fed up with his bullshit. He tried taking my hand but I slapped his hand away. "Shivaay, I love you and I don't want to be without you. But... but I am tired of hiding. This game has taken a toll on me. I cannot fake it anymore. If you're not ready to risk it all to be with me, then... let me go." I looked down but he cupped my cheek so that we could look at each other. I could feel his hot breath fanning my cheeks as he stroked them slowly. His thumbs were like feathers as he wiped my tears away. I was not even aware of them falling until I felt him wipe the wet drops off my skin.

"First, what we did yesterday and I hope will do in the next a hundred and fifty years was making love and not that ugly word you use to define our connection."

'Come on Annika, don't fall for his antics, he's just trying to convince you to keep your relationship secret', I thought.

"And...you're right."

'Wait...What?' my bewilderment was probably visible on my face because he chuckled. 

"You're right about our situation. I was so scared to lose a father figure to the point where I didn't realize that I was losing you in the process, and I can bear anything but this." He held my hand and kissed it. "Annika, unless what you believe, last night was not pure lust or making you mine or I don't know what you believe. It was love. Last night, with our union I promised you that no matter what I will never stop fighting until in front of your father and my mother we get united forever." I slowly nodded my head.

"I believe you, Shivaay, and I want you to promise me that as soon as we go back to India, we will tell my father that we want to get married," I said and to my surprise, he put his hand on my head.

"I swear on your life that us going back to India will be to get together and as soon as we get there I will let your father know about us." I sighed as my life bore his promise towards me. I just hoped that my father would accept our love for each other.

So, readers, we are now jumping in time. I wish I had told you more about my trip to South Africa, but your writer already left me there with my Shivaay for almost two years! I think our parents must be worried now. I hope you're getting settled for the roller-coaster ride! Your writer has had a lot in store for us but she's getting busier and less inspired in writing about my adventures with Shivaay, so don't be too mean to her because she wants to rush things! We'll get our happy ending! As always!