~22~

I hope you're doing good guys! I just came back from the dentist, now my mouth feels funny xD Anyway, the last part of this update may OR  MAY NOT foreshadow something...

"Okay guys, what are we eating tonight..." Rudra said as he made his way in the kitchen.

"As if you know how to cook!" Gauri teased him.

"I do! Bhaiya help me against your sister! Can't you see how she's insulting my skills?" Rudra told Shivaay and he just chuckled.

"Gauri, you shall stop bothering that cry baby. Go sit with Annika, today we Obros will cook for the Trivedi sisters!" Shivaay announced and I smiled. He loved cooking and I admired his love for this activity but then my heart pained a bit knowing that I used to be his sidekick in cooking and now I had to fake everything regarding our relationship.

"I find their bond beautiful," I said while admiring ShivOmRu in the kitchen.

"Yes, they're cute together. Shivaay bhaiya is happy with them. Pinky maa told me that they grew up together and never left each other's side since the day they were born." Gauri said.

"Oh really? That's awesome!" I smiled while observing Shivaay who had some flour spread on his nose.

"Look at Shivaay bhaiya! It has only been ten minutes and he's already a mess." Gauri chuckled.

"Shiv has always been like that... Getting messy for nothing in a jiffy." Annika smiled with a red hue on her cheeks.

"Shiv? Annika, why are you talking as if you've known Shivaay bhaiya forever?" Gauri asked making me bite my tongue! How could I have been so careless?

"What do you mean? Shivaay is my... huh... He's my brother... don't I have the right to call him Shiv? And moreover, he's my age I won't be calling him Shivaay bhaiya when he's my age." I explained and Gauri hummed.

"Well, and what about you saying that he gets messy all the time as if you know his habits?" Gauri wriggled her brows and I sighed. Detective Gauri was in action.

"She saw me spilling some coffee on myself after I made her books fall when I was in her room yesterday to know more about her. And I told her that is how I am, messy since 1996." Shivaay answered, saving me from trouble.

"Bhaiya, I'll start feeling jealous if you start sharing most of your secrets with Di and not include me." Gauri pouted and I pulled her cheeks.

"Drama Queen!" I pulled my tongue at her and side hugged her. Shivaay came and knelt in front of Gauri and me.

"How can you accuse me of such thing Gauri? I will never play favorites! You're my baby sister!" Shivaay said holding Gauri's cheek with one hand.

"But she knows so much about you already when you only met yesterday and I don't even know your birthday!" Gauri whined. A real drama Queen.

"Shivaay was born on the 26th of January 1996... Easy peasy lemon squeezy." I sighed nonchalantly just to tease Gauri.

"See! She knows everything about you!"

"It's normal Annika is my love..." Hehe! Guess that perfect Bhaiya had a slip of tongue as well. I wriggled my brows and smiled.

"Shivaay Bhaiya? What do you mean by Annika di is your love?"

"Not my love! What's this nonsense?! Annika is my lovely sister too... Almost a twin now since we were born in the same year... Right, Annie?"

"Of course... Shivaay bhaiya." I faked a smile and got up from there.

"Annie where are you going?" Gauri asked.

"I'm going out!" I replied and hurried outside for a walk along a small path which led to a lake.

Shivaay bhaiya... what the heck?! How come our love story came to be forbidden in the span of three days? What was this game again? Why was destiny testing us in such a cruel way? Why shall we choose between the happiness of our family and our own happiness? I hated this. I hated this masquerade! I hated Shivaay for not daring to open his mouth and for letting us suffer from waiting to be publicly together.

"Fucking family, fucking wedding, fucking relationship... I hate this with all my heart. I wish papa had never married this woman. She can be Shivaay's mother, she can be a perfect motherly figure for Gauri but she'll never be my mother. Her and papa are the villains in my story. How can I accept this? How can my heart be strong enough to bear this pain of having my love that close yet so far? How can I be this strong? How can I?" I was near a  lake now. The only thing separating me from the water something similar to a wall of rocks. It wasn't that high and was useful in the period of monsoon as it prevented the water from overflowing. I climbed up and sat on the edge.

The water was beautiful and glistening. I thought about jumping in the lake, knowing very well that going back up the wall would be nearly impossible. I knew that because when I was a child I almost drowned there. I had fallen in the lake when dad was not watching, taking care of Gauri, but he managed to save me and managed to get us both out of the lake. But now with time, the texture of the rocks was smoother because of erosion so it would be hard for me to get a strong grip.

"I have nothing to lose after all. Shivaay and I will never be able to be together." I was ready to jump when I was basically yanked off my seat and I was taken in his strong hold.

"What were you about to do?" He asked, his hot breath fanning over my earlobe. I wrapped my arms around his and cried against his chest.

"I don't want this Shivaay... I don't want a life where I can't be yours." He slowly stroked my hair and kissed my forehead lovingly.

"Before going, please kill me because I don't want a life where you don't exist."