Prologue

I've never loved someone as I've loved him. I guess, before him, I hadn't known about love... after all, I met him when I was twenty when I left my father Harsh Vardhan Trivedi to go abroad to study. I was the topper in high school and I managed to get a scholarship in a reputed University in London, Kingston University. That's in this same University where we met. Let me tell you about our meeting first, rushing things wouldn't be necessary, and that too now that the story is starting.

I had arrived in London on the 30th of July 2016, a month and a half before starting the classes because I wanted to settle well in the country. Daddy had insisted to come with me, leaving my little sister Gauri with Nani. Mom had died while giving birth to Gauri and since then it was Daddy, Gauri and I. We obviously have grandparents, Nani and Nana but they weren't very much in our lives, they were only present when we needed them which was great but I would have preferred if they would show more their care and not just be there when needed... Dadi and Dada died long before my birth but the way Daddy would talk about them just made me feel like I've known them forever.

Anyways, after I settled well in London, Daddy left back to India, leaving me on my own in that big big country. I wasn't scared at all I just felt a bit lonely and I filled this loneliness with my lovely cat Ty, he was a Siberian cat and he quickly got a place in my heart. 

Days passed with me getting used to a new city, a new life and the hundreds of calls of Daddy asking if I was well if I ate well if I locked the door correctly

Finally, the day had come for the beginning of a new scholar year. I was eager to go there. My flat was like ten minutes away from the University by foot so I wasn't scared to be lost either. I walked slowly, taking my time to think about this new chapter of the book of my life opening. Anxiety was starting to peer in but it quickly disappeared when I reached the University, it was time for me, Annika Vardhan Trivedi to grow up.

I hope the prologue is interesting for you, I'm leaving you with that opening and I will come with the first chapter in a week or so. You can hit the vote button if you're eager to read some more or even comment if you have something to say, be it negative or positive. You can even let me know what are your ideas regarding the plot if you wish.