~10~

Next chapter will start with a little leap because we need to reach the main plot that will start soonish :)

I didn't go back to class after Shivaay and I's talk, instead, I went straight home. I locked myself in my house, leaning against the door and sitting against it to cry for a good minute before getting up and heading for a shower. After that, I made a futile attempt to read some books and try to learn some stuff from them, but as I wouldn't have guessed, I was disturbed by a knock at the door. As I went to open it, I came face to face with the reason for my pain, love, and desire, my lovely Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

"Why have you been crying?" He asked as soon as he saw me. I let him in and closed the door. Then I turned away, having a good interest in Ty pooping in his litter.

"I wasn't crying." I lied and didn't expect him to hug me from behind. Damn, it felt right to have his arms wrapped around me, to have him that close.

"Shivaay... Please... don't do this..." I whispered, giving up in his touch.

"Don't do what?" He asked against my ear.

"Don't give me hopes..." I said as fresh tears were starting rolling down my face.

"Hopes?" He asked.

"Yes. Hopes that I'm worth something as precious as your love... Hopes that someday I'll be more than your friend." I gave up on hiding my feelings. What were the needs to hide them? They were getting stronger day by day. It was better for me to relieve my heart and share them with him.

"Annika... you love me?" He asked and tried to turn me around for me to face him but I resisted, being too much of a coward to face him. He sighed against my head and then I felt him moving down and dropping a kiss of my shoulder.

"I've been waiting for this day since the day I saw you enter the classroom for the first time..." He whispered, shocking me. This time I didn't resist when he turned me around.

"I strongly believe that fate drew us toward each other... what I'm feeling for you is something I never felt before. It's so strong, yet so weird. It's so beautiful, yet so scary..." He said looking into my eyes.

"You love me too?" I asked with hope in my heart...

"I do." He said and was about to close the distance between us but I put my hand on his soft lips as I remembered something.

"And Pia?" I asked.

"What about Pia? We're just friends."

"But yesterday, she was wearing your shirt and you were shirtless..." I trailed off. If he was a womanizer I didn't want to be another of his conquests.

"She came to my place because she wanted some milk. You know how clumsy I am and I poured the milk accidentally on both of us. She had put on a white shirt and it became transparent. We didn't want her to meet a man with bad intentions on the way to her flat so I lent her my shirt and was changing when you came... we are just starting to reveal our feelings to each other and you're already possessive? I like it..." He said stroking my cheek. I pulled his finger down and pouted.

"I was hurt... I thought you and her had something..." I said and he pulled my chin up.

"It's funny because I thought Alessandro and you had something..." He said and kissed my nose. "I'm more than happy to know that you didn't..." He said and this time dived for my lips. I didn't stop him this time and accepted him giving me my first kiss.