~30~

I felt like being nice today... So here you go with the next part that I have finished writing since Saturday night :P I will try to add more Shivika moments soonish ^^

"You... you both knew each other beforehand?" Pinky aunty asked as she sat on my bed with a thud. "He said that... Oh my God! You two are in love?" She mumbled. I was about to say something but there was a knock at the door. Shivaay came inside without even waiting for a reply.

"Annie...huh... mom? Is everything alright? Am I bothering you guys?" He seemed intrigued by Pinky and I being together in the same room.

"Come in, baby," I replied and he opened his eyes like saucers. Coming inside, he quietly locked the door.

"What the heck Annika?" He stammered.

"Shivaay... Jaan... She knows." I said while holding his hand.

"Maa... I can explain..." He turned towards Pinky aunty.

"When did all of this masquerade begin?" She enquired and I balled my fists in anger. Her choice of words let me see what she thought of our couple despite knowing nothing about it.

"We began dating almost as soon as we started studying in London three years back. We'll be celebrating our third year together in a few weeks." Shivaay said. He was kneeling in front of his mother while I was rubbing his back.

"Why didn't you say a word about you two?" Pinky asked.

"You know about daddy, Pinky aunty. He is hell bound on having me not dating anyone and all that kind of stuff. I'm sure he's planning an arranged marriage but despite my love for him I cannot deny my heart's desires. We wanted to come back here to meet you two in person to speak about our relationship. Didn't know that fate would have such a twist for us." I explained the best that I could. She seemed to ponder about our revelations while Shivaay stood there waiting for her to speak.

"How serious are you with each other?" She then wondered before letting a chuckle escaped her lips. "Such a silly question. You said you'll only paint the woman of your life and she's ready to go against her father's beliefs for you... I need time to process everything. Just like you Annika. It is difficult for me to see that my son is in love with my husband's daughter. I won't say anything to your father for the moment but soon or later he'll have to know about you two. I'm letting you take your time to tell him." Pinky aunty wiped some tears away from her face before getting up.

"Why are you crying aunty?" I asked while Shivaay also got up.

"It's nothing... I don't know... I mean... I don't know whether I shall be sad about our fate or happy that Shivaay found a sweet gem like you as his partner. I hope you two will accept my repentance for making you bear such a complicated situation. Harsh and I didn't think straight when we decided to get married. The only thing that mattered was shushing the society's gossips. We would have never imagined that our children will find a way to each other as soulmates. I need to get some fresh air." Pinky quickly left my room and I turned to Shivaay expecting him to say something but he just sighed and sat on my bed. I sat next to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"How come she discovered everything about us?" He asked.

"She saw your signature on the painting." I sighed.

"Do you think she's happy for us?" He wondered.

"I bet she is. She's just shocked. She needs time to proceed everything. But what worries me is daddy's reaction. I would never accept if he says no to our relationship. I would not stand it."

"Your father only wants the best for his daughters. You're speaking of him as if he's the devil Annie..." Shivaay chuckled.

"My father never got to deal with any boyfriend. And now not only we're serious about each other but you also happen to be his step son.  You cannot imagine how scared I am. I don't want him to be against us because as much as I love him, if he ever asks me to choose between the two of you...then... I don't want to deceive him Shivaay." I sobbed a little and he took me in his lap, hugging me and kissing my nape.

"Don't be scared. Your dad will never stand in front of your happiness because he loves you that much. I trust him with his heart. Moreover, I'll always be with you. You're not alone in this Annika, don't forget about that." Shivaay kissed my forehead and I smiled. Shivaay was really my knight in shining armour.

At night, as we all settled for dinner, I couldn't look at Pinky aunty in the eyes. Shivaay was sitting besides me while she was sitting across me. Gauri was sitting next to her. And daddy was sitting at the head of the table.

"Annika do you remember about my childhood friend Veer?" Daddy suddenly said.

"Veer uncle... yes, he has moved to London a few years ago, right?" I replied while wondering why the hell was he talking about Veer uncle out of the blue.

"I already told Pinky and Gauri, he'll be coming to visit us tomorrow with his youngest son Shivaansh." I just hummed.

"Okay. I guess I'll be available to meet them. Veer uncle was nice. It would be great to meet him again after all these years. I'm just sad that Prinku and Jiya are not coming along." Prinku, or better said Priyanka was Shivaansh's eldest sister and one of my closest friend then there was Jiya, she was a friend of mine too but not as close to me as Prinku was.

"They're the first ones to come to settle back here. Prinku, Jiya and their mother would come back later on." I hummed again. I couldn't help but feel that something was fishy. And you know what my dear readers, I was completely right.