~3~

How are you, people? I'm really sad to see that the answer to this story is still low, even though I have some readers who do comment, I would really like to hear from you and know your thoughts... So instead of discontinuing the book, or setting a target, I will simply update as per my wish when I am free. Which means that I may or may not be updating weekly. I hope you understand.

A week had passed since our first dinner outside and things were going smoothly between us. My apartment had become our meeting spot at night to watch movies or study. Well, we were chatting more than anything else. Anyways, I was getting ready for one of Shivaay and I's outing in the center of the city. I put on a striped shirt with long sleeves and black jeans with a pair of converse. Then I quickly brushed my hair before putting a hoodie on. The night was getting colder day by day and I couldn't risk catching a cold. I picked my handbag before leaving my apartment. As I locked the door, someone leaned on the wall next to me, almost giving me a heart attack.

"Shivaay! Are you nuts?!" I screamed, hitting his arm and he rubbed it.

"Calm down tiger! I hadn't planned to scare you!" He chuckled before putting his arm around my shoulders. I was slightly uncomfortable but he didn't seem to notice.

"So where are we heading, my pal?" He asked.

"I wanted to visit the National Portrait Gallery!" I squirmed in delight while he chuckled.

"Do you realize that it is really far from here?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"We're not going there by feet Shiv..." I replied sarcastically.

"Thank God we don't have classes tomorrow." We headed to the train station with him cracking bad jokes as always.

"So what are your plans after your studies here?" I asked him as we sat down in the train.

"I want to start a small business in India. And then I will bring it to great heights to shine and show to the world what I'm capable of. And what about you?" He said and for a while, I wondered what did he go through to think that way. I mean people wanted to be at the top of the social ladder, that's right, but I had never heard a determined person like Shivaay.

"My daddy is running a business for years now. He wants to retire and I also believe that it's time for him to rest after sacrificing his life for us. So I will take over his business and will make it greater than it already is." He nudged my shoulder.

"You're the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and in my opinion the perfect friend." He said with a voice deeper than usual. We had an eye lock, which I broke due to awkwardness.

"I'm not that perfect. I have flaws as well."

"The 99 mark you told me about when we talked about your exams is not a flaw Miss Trivedi." I rolled my eyes while he smirked.

"I wasn't talking about that Shivaay. Everyone has flaws, it's just that some people know how to hide them better than others." I explained to him. He smiled and threw his head back.

"You're perfect to my eyes Annika."

"Cheesy are we!" I nudged his side and he laughed.

"I'm not cheesy, I'm realistic, dear." I blushed on hearing his sweet compliment.

We finally arrived at the museum and we visited there. We saw many portraits like Henry VIIIth's portrait and others from the 16th century to the present day.

"That's amazing how people can be so talented throughout the ages and centuries. And it's even more amazing to see their work now." He seemed to be completely spell bounded by the portraits and for a while I couldn't keep my eyes away from him. His fascination was just fascinating.

After a little more minutes inside the museum, we walked outside and tried to find a place to eat before heading back home for I was famished and if the rumbling of his belly was any hint, he was probably famished too.

"You know I like paintings. I do paint in my free time." He revealed while he was munching his food.

"Oh really?" I asked a bit surprised by his revelation. I wouldn't imagine him as an artist.

"Yeah, my cousin Omkara is an artist, though he's only eighteen. And he just shared his passion with me. So now I like painting too." Shivaay answered.

"And did you paint recently?" I asked. He stopped chewing for a while as if thinking.

"Nope... I didn't find my muse yet... I mean I found her but well..."

"What? Isn't she interested?"

"I didn't ask her yet."

"And what are you waiting for?"

"Well, Annika, do you want to pose for me?"