~28~

This chapter was really a challenge for me because I suffered from writer block XD  Anyway this part is making the story evolve since there are finally some moments between Annika and Pinky! I'm not saying more, enjoy!

"Jiju tell me, who was the courageous one who revealed their feelings first?" Gauri who was sitting on the back seat asked. We were now going back home. Om and Rudy were going back to their place and were planning to visit us with Jhanvi aunty in a few days.

"Your Annika di was the first one. After she spent some days being awkward toward me." Shivaay said and I sighed.

"It was because of Pia! Don't forget that the first time I saw you both I thought she was your friend with benefits. And you didn't do anything to make me believe otherwise either. Instead, you behaved as if she was your long lost friend!" I said and Gauri chuckled.

"As if I liked you being with Alessandro with all his Italian manners."

"Italian manners?" Gauri asked.

"Yes, he called her Bella and always invited her to eat pizza and pasta like fhat the wuck! Does not he know anything but that?" I suppressed a giggle. Even though we were now close friends, the seed of jealousy wasn't easy to forget!

"So, thanks to each other's sautan, Annika di confessed. And how did you respond, Shivaay Jiju?" Gauri enquired.

"I said I love you too and kissed her."

"Aw, such a romantic guy you are!" Gauri said and I rolled my eyes. She was a fervent Shivaay fan.

"So, I was the one who told him I love you first, going beyond my insecurities to reveal my feelings to him and he's the romantic one?!" I huffed in annoyance and Gauri chuckled.

"I find you really romantic, jaan..." Shivaay said stroking my cheek and I looked at him in adoration.

"Guys! The road! I would really like to live you know!" Gauri said breaking our romance but she was right. I concentrated on the road, having my cheeks reddening.

As we were almost home, I parked nearby and turned to Gauri. I smiled at her while she furrowed her brows.

"Can you please close your eyes, sweetie?" I said and she opened her mouth in shock.

"Are you serious Annika di?" I just shrugged while she rolled her eyes before closing them nevertheless. Shivaay raised his brows and I smirked before grabbing his collar before kissing the hell out of him. It was a kiss to survive this separation while staying under the same roof. We couldn't keep sneaking in each other's room at night it would be too risqué.

"I'll miss you, Jaanu..." He pecked my nose and I smiled.

"I'll miss you too baby..." I said and pecked his lips on last time. "Alright Gauri, open your eyes now." I said and she sighed.

"It's not as if you're getting separated..." She mumbled.

"Well, try to be with your soulmate when your family wants you two to be like siblings and you'll understand," I replied and I could see through the interior rearview mirror that she had a sullen face.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and I sighed. I pretended that I didn't hear her and drove away to our house.

"You don't need to be sorry Gauri. It's not your fault." Shivaay reassured her while I stayed silent. Saying sorry wouldn't change a thing, I heard her and dad repeating this word again and again and it didn't ease in no way the anger I felt on knowing that they hid Pinky's existence from me.

"We've arrived." I said, turned the car off and got out of the car. I took my bag in the car boot, threw the keys at Shivaay and went inside the house with Gauri shouting my name.

"Annika! You're here already? I thought you would have had dinner outside before coming back. Where are Shiv and Gauri?" Pinky said coming to me, she was about to kiss my cheeks but I took a step back.

"Good afternoon. Yes, we came back early, we were really tired with all the fun we had during these last days. As for Shivaay, and Gauri they..."

"Good afternoon." Shivaay and Gauri said behind me and I took advantage of Pinky's focus shifting towards them to go to my room.

"Annika!" Gauri called but I paid no heed to her. I went to my room, threw my bag of clothes in some corner before laying on my bed.

The fact that the woman daddy was married to was Shivaay's mother didn't really bother me. I could see that Pinky was nice. She seemed to have a good heart. What really bothered me was this idea that I didn't have a say in their relationship. I meant that her being here was affecting me too. And then came the fact that I was dating her son. How could I renounce to my love for someone I barely knew? How could I renounce to my happy ending for something that was forced upon me. I never asked them to get married, never asked them to hide a relationship as important as marriage from me, and here I was suffering from something that I wasn't even aware of.

"Annika? Can I come in?" It was Pinky. Her coming to me was unexpected but I was too emotionally tired to fight.

"Yes." I sighed as she opened the door and walked to me. She sat on the bed and looked at me with a small smile.

"I never imagined to get married after having Shivaay, you know. Shivaay's dad was my first love and my first heartbreak too. I was... well I was his girlfriend... Well I thought so. Turns out I was his mistress. The day I learnt that I was pregnant with Shivaay was the day I learnt that he was having a whole family, a wife, two girls and his wife was expecting another child. I stepped back, not for him nor for his wife but for myself and the baby in my womb. I didn't want people to badmouth my flesh. I brought Shivaay up with the hope that he would be a respectful man who wouldn't break his promise to a woman. Only time will tell if I succeeded." She said. I now understood why Shivaay was so adamant to wait until we get married before having sex. It was not only a respect to my father but to his mother as well.

"Your father came in my life at a moment when I expected to grow old and sit on my porch while sipping tea and watching Shivaay's children play in the front yard. I was bound to celibacy and then he came and made me believe in love again. I know it can be unsettling to have me, an elder woman speaking about love but love has no age... I fell in love with the way he was talking about your mother, I fell in love with the way he was caring about you and Gauri... I never wanted to shatter the equilibrium in your life Annika. I'm really sorry. I know a sorry can't change what we did but I hope that at least it can make everything easier to digest. I want us to go along together, I don't want to be your enemy, Annika. I don't know how but even without having you here, each time your father would talk about you, I would only appreciate and love you for the way you were. I never imagined that I would have more children than Shivaay but having you and Gauri just makes me realize that motherhood doesn't limit itself to the womb. It's a question of heart." I didn't really know how to react to her words but I couldn't help but feel warmness engulfing my heart.