~17~

After breakfast, I wanted to go to Shivaay, but I preferred going to Gauri instead. I needed to pacify her. She tried to ignore me but as soon as she entered her room, I followed her.

"Gauri, please listen to me!" I said. She sighed and turned towards the window.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you with my words. I shouldn't have blamed you when you did nothing. I was just angry that you didn't tell me anything about Dad's remarriage. It has always been the three of us, and now as I come back there is an addition to the family, that too a step-mother. I'm not trying to justify my words, but please try to understand me..." I said, hugging her from behind.

"Your words really hurt me Di. I never wanted to hide this marriage from you but what could I do. I know how much you worry about us and I knew that you would have flown back here if you had known about dad's remarriage. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to come back here and leave your studies. You've sacrificed a lot for us Di, you sacrificed your youth to help me grow, being my momma, my nurse, my big sister, daddy's sidekick, his assistant... and for the first time, you got to be on your own. How could I tell you that dad was getting married when your freedom was at stake?" Gauri said sobbing and I tried to see things in her perspective. Somehow, she was correct. I turned her around and cupped her cheek before hugging her tightly. I couldn't believe that I had come back to have such a mature sister, she was no longer my crybaby!

"At least you got brains!" I teased her and smiled, nudging her shoulders as tears kept rolling down my face.

"You're still ugly when you cry!" She pulled her tongue at me and I laughed. At last, we were on good terms! Now I had to see my Shivu.

As I left Gauri's room, I collided with something hard and when I looked up he was standing in front of me. I couldn't suppress my feelings and jumped in his arms.

"Easy tiger, someone might see us!" He said and entered a room across Gauri's while holding me. I guess it was his room. As we walked inside and he closed the door, he pinned me against it and devour my lips to our hearts' contentment. After we were done, he put his forehead against mine and smiled.

"What a pleasant surprise to have you back that soon, Annika." He said and I smirked.

"It's great to meet you bhaiya!" I said and he pushed me on the bed tickling me.

"Don't call me that! I'm not your bhaiya, I'm your hubby-to-be only." He nuzzled into my neck and I smiled stroking his back.

"How come you didn't tell me that? I mean you must have seen my pictures around the house and I showed you pictures of my dad and Gauri..." I said. He was leaning above me, with my legs wrapped around his waist.

"I got to know about it yesterday afternoon. After I came back, mom picked me up and we went to my aunt Jhanvi's house. There she explained to me about their marriage. At first, I was reluctant but then I saw how much she loves your dad and accepted their marriage. I never saw her that happy with anyone. And then when we came here I got to know that you were his daughter, she was praising you so much without knowing you that for a moment I was jealous," He blushed. "I wanted to tell you and let you know. I tried to keep you informed but I guess you were on your way here that's why you didn't pick my calls after I called you the night I left." I stroked his hair and smiled a little.

"What are we going to do now?" I enquired. He sighed and was about to say something but there was a knock at the door.

"Shivaay? May I come in?" It was his mother. We quickly separated and I stood next to his bookshelf while he went to open the door.

"Shiv- Oh Annika you're here? That's great, I was about to look for you as well, your dad is calling you guys." She said smiling at me. I didn't smile back and nodded. "I'm glad you're trying to get along." She added before leaving. This time I smiled. If only she knew how much we 'got along' she would probably not be that happy.

I was about to make my way out of the room when Shivaay held my shoulder.

"I know it's difficult to accept that my mother married your father but maybe you can see her as your mother-in-law instead of your step-mother..." Shivaay suggested and I hummed. We went downstairs to meet with my father. Gauri was already there smiling.

"Annika, Shivaay, well, Pinky and I talked and thought that it would be great for you guys to have some time together in order for you three to know each other." Daddy began, I glanced at Shivaay while he smiled, but I knew that smile. It felt like naughtiness. He was up to something.

"Mr. Tivedi, is it okay if I invite my cousin brothers?" Shivaay asked.

"Yes, I mean they're family too, Annika has to be familiar with them as well just like Gauri. So, you can begin packing your stuff and go to our farmhouse tomorrow morning okay?" Daddy said and Shivaay nodded excitedly. Shivaay then went to his room, probably to call Omkara and Rudra as I stood there with my Dad and Gauri.

"Annika, you came in a haste, your suitcases are still undone, the maids put them all in your room. And we also sent one of them to buy some food for the cat, the poor soul you left him in his cage." Gauri said.

"Oh, right I almost forgot my baby Ty! And about your gifts too." I cupped my cheeks and ran upstairs. I picked the different items I bought for Gauri and daddy. Ty was already roaming in the house and had found his solace near the couch. As I made my way down the stairs, I almost fell but I was caught in the protective arms of my Shivaay. I was lost in his beautiful orbs and I was about to lean forward for a kiss but I caught a glimpse of Pinky at the top of the stairs.

"What's going on here?!"

Hehe... I was eager to update next part x)