~14~

"Your attention, the passengers for the flight EA451 to Cairo, Egypt are expected to embark immediately at the gate door number 15." Shivaay and I heard. We were sitting at the airport, hearts aching because of our upcoming separation.

"Don't forget to call me as soon as you reach there okay? And don't forget to tell me about your day. Send my blessings to your cousin brothers.... and... and..." I couldn't even continue my sentence as I became emotional and hugged him. He stroked my back kissing the top of my head.

"It's only a couple of days Annie, nothing can't separate us, I will call every day and every night, just to make sure that you're all right." He took the hand adorned with my ring and kissed my fingers. "I know you, my missus will be all right here, right?" He said and I nodded while wiping off some tears.

"I will try to survive this time without you." I laughed in between cries then I reached in my purse for the watch I bought for him. I put it around his wrist, doing our little ritual of me choosing among his watches.

"A blue watch just like the blue of your eyes, a deep blue just like the sea..." I said being actually lost in his eyes. He smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.

"A cute kiss just like the cuteness of my missus." He chuckled.

"Your attention please, the passengers for the flight IA347 to Mumbai, India are expected at gate number 34." We heard and got up. I wiped the last few tears from my cheeks and engulfed him in a hug.

"Stay safe, don't forget to lock the door when you reach home, don't overfeed Ty and you can keep the lights in the room turned on. If ever there is a clap of thunder, I left my favorite shirt there, you can hug it to sleep, imagining my arms wrapped around you. I'll send you a message before we take off and as soon as we land. Damn, you don't know how hard it is for me to leave you here on your own." He kissed the side of my head.

"Don't worry Shivaay. I will do my best to survive these few days without you. I will miss you though. And don't forget to spend time with your mama, okay? It has been so long since she saw you, she has to be your first priority in the next days!" I said and he smiled pulling my cheeks.

"My sweet Annie." He kissed my forehead and began leaving, taking my heart along with him.

~.~

After Shivaay left, I went back home to get my own stuff ready. The flat was almost empty by then, I had sent away to India most of my stuff and they were supposed to reach there by the end of the week. I cooked some food for me and gave Ty some food as well. After we ate, I spent the afternoon keeping my remaining stuff in my suitcase. I had to pass by the post office to send the last boxes.

As I went around my flat, I became nostalgic about my moments there. This flat as little as it was, witnessed my trip to my coming of age. It witnessed my first love blossoming, it witnessed most of the things my father didn't approve of and wouldn't be so keen on knowing. I couldn't believe that when I came here three years back I was scared and as I looked at my flat with the eyes of a grown-up, I felt like this place was mine, Shivaay and I's nest of love.

I called Gauri and we chatted for some time before I called Khanna, Daima's son (Remember Daima is Annika's neighbor). I asked him if he could come and pick me up at the airport without telling anything to my father and Gauri and he agreed.

I walked to the bedroom at night, my portrait was no longer hanging on the wall but it was of the few things that I would send to India the day after. I went to take a quick shower then I put Shivaay's shirt on before going to sleep. As I was almost asleep, my phone beeped. I picked it up and saw a message from Shivaay. He had arrived safe and sound. I replied to him, telling him that I was heading for bed and I missed him already. I kissed my screen, knowing that soon, my love and I would be reunited, and I fell asleep hugging my phone.

~.~

As I gave my keys to the receptionist, I felt a pang in my heart. This place that I found odd at my arrival would forever have a place in my heart. My flight was at 16 p.m. I had enough time to go to the post office at 8.00 a.m before coming back to take my suitcases and go. I had spoken to Khanna and told him that I would arrive the day after at 6.00 a.m because my flight was a bit delayed. He said it was okay.

I wore a red dress Shivaay had gifted me for Valentine's Day

with a cardigan

, sandals,

 a necklace, 

 a necklace, 

and not to forget my engagement ring

and not to forget my engagement ring. I had left my hair loose and I carried the bag Shivaay gifted me.

As I made my way in the airplane, I couldn't help but feel emotional about knowing that soon I would go back to my home. I relaxed on my seat, put my earphones in my ears, and put some music on. I closed my eyes getting ready for the flight.