~34~

"Finally, they're gone." I sighed as I slumped on Gauri's bed. They had stayed at home for only two hours. Two hours of innuendos from Shivaansh's side, two hours of an interview from Veer uncle, two hours of uneasy feelings from Pinky aunty.

"I found Shivaansh kind of funny."

"Then when daddy will come with his wedding proposal, you'll marry him?" I asked and Gauri hit my shoulder playfully.

"Why would he do that?" She asked.

"Didn't you see his acts? If he could have made us marry each other right there, he would have done that." I said.

"Then why don't you use your courage to tell him about jiju and you?" Gauri enquired.

"That dumbo is a chicken!" I rolled my eyes.

"That's not true!"

"Oh see who've come, your Shivaay bhaiya!" I said sarcastically.

"Alright Annie, you want to tell him? Let's go right now and let's tell dad about us." Shivaay said, helping me stand up.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes." He said and held my hand as we walked outside the room. I looked at him and followed him silently. We went to Daddy's room where he was resting with Pinky aunty. I knocked on the door as I intertwined my fingers with Shivaay's.

"Come in." Daddy answered. I could feel my heart beating like never before. It was racing inside my chest as Shivaay opened the door.

"Daddy..."

"Maa..." We both said and Shivaay grasped my hand tighter.

"Mr Trivedi, we're sorry to disturb you but what we have to say cannot wait. Annika and I tried to keep it hidden from you until we were ready to tell it to you but we can't lie to you any more. We love each other." Shivaay said and I nodded.

"What's this nonsense? I sacrificed my whole life to bring you and your sister up as decent girls and this is how you pay me back? Did you two cross your limits?" He roared as fresh tears made their way in my eyes.

"Daddy please..." I sobbed.

I suddenly felt as if I was pulled and I opened my eyes with a jerk.

"Di? You had a bad dream? You're crying!" Gauri said hugging me. I realized that whatever happened was only a dream. Shivaay and I didn't tell anything to daddy.

"It's nothing," I mumbled. "I'm sorry I dozed off on your bed." I sighed.

"It's alright. But, are you sure that you're fine? It looks like this dream shook you to the core!" Gauri insisted.

"I'm fine. It's only a dream." I smiled. I got up to leave Gauri's room. I wanted to have a chat with Pinky aunty. Her reaction to Veer uncle was so weird, I needed to know why she was like that. I got down the stairs and saw her sipping on her cup of tea while reading a book.

"Pinky aunty?" I called her.

"Yes, honey? Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Actually..." I looked around to be sure that there was no one looking. "I saw you with Veer uncle... You seem... Weird!" I said and she sighed.

"Let's go outside, where we can have some privacy." She said. We went to the garden and sat on a bench a bit far from the house.

"Annika, this man, Veer is none other than Shivaay's father. But I knew him as Tej Singh, not as Veer Pratap Chauhan." She sobbed. "I feel so ashamed knowing that he's your father's best friend! How can I keep calm and how can I fake anything before your father knowing that I'm cheating on him?"

"You're not cheating on daddy. You didn't know, it's not your fault. I guess Shivaay doesn't know about this truth but don't worry, everything will be alright. You can take your time to tell daddy. He deserves to know what happened between Veer uncle and you." I said and wiped away some of her tears before hugging her.

"Thank you for understanding me, Annika. Thank you." She said and I just smiled.

"You're standing with Shivaay and me for our love. What else could I have done if not helping you out?" I replied.

After our little chat with Pinky aunty, I had to join daddy and Shivaay at the office. As I walked inside, the staff welcomed me warmly. I smiled as I headed to daddy's office. As I got there, I knocked twice before entering inside.

"Annika, you're finally here. Since you had dozed off in Gauri's room, I didn't wait for you because I had an important meeting here."

"It's all right Daddy," I said as I sat next to Shivaay.

"Well, if I called you here today, it's because I need you two to go to South Africa. There is some important matter that I need you to take care of regarding our business there. It will also be a way for me to know what you're capable of." Daddy said and handed a leaflet to both Shivaay and me.

"You'll be going there in a few days and this leaflet is to tell you in details why you'll be there, what will be your mission and all." Shivaay and I both looked at each other before reading through the leaflet.

"We're going there to fix a deal?" I asked, clearly taken aback.

"Yes. I want to see what you've learned in your school. This new deal is not that important but it can be a way for us to have a breakthrough in South Africa." Daddy explained.

"Wow, Mr Trivedi, that's a big responsibility that you're throwing at us," Shivaay said and he sighed. "I'm not sure that we're fit for this... We do not even have proper training." Shivaay replied.

"Well, if you don't want to go then... I can probably ask Shivaansh to go with Annika. He's already working with his dad." My dear father replied. I had to force myself to appear neutral when I saw Shivaay's face falling.

"No, it's alright! Why shall we bother him? I will go with Annika. We have to learn right!" Shivaay answered and I smiled.

"Shivaay is completely right. We can go together. There is no problem." I said and Daddy hummed.

"All right, I'll do the reservations." Daddy said and Shivaay sighed as if a heavy burden (called Shivaansh) had been lifted from his shoulders! We discussed a few things including our accommodation and our flight then Shivaay and I left while Daddy stayed because he had another meeting.

"Look like you don't really appreciate Shivaansh," I told Shivaay as I parked near the seashore to spend some time only between the two of us.

"How can I like him? He wants to steal my girl. First, this Romantic Italian whatever his name is then this Hindu Canadian moose!" Shivaay said and I chuckled.

(Shivaansh the moose xx):

"I thought Alessandro and you were now friends?" I rather asked than said

"I thought Alessandro and you were now friends?" I rather asked than said. He was adorable when he was jealous.

"He is but I still can get over his 'Bella phase' like I find your name beautiful, why does he have to call you Bella? Like WTF?!" He replied and I smiled.

"Achcha baba." I pecked his nose. "Stop being jealous about such a small thing. You know you don't have to. These boys can be the most handsome but they all lack something only you have." I said.

"What?"

"You have my heart Shivaay."