~40~

Guys! I hope you're doing great? First of all, I'm so sorry for disappearing! As you may know, the Master's degree is not pretty easy, and to top it all, I'm also a delegate/class representative, so more work! I also have to face the death of my surrogate grandma, so to be honest, writing was not my top priority! And who is excited about Jankuul's baby? To be honest, I don't know why but I felt like she could be pregnant for the past few months. I could literally feel it in my guts and I was also feeling the same about Anita Hassanandani so I was like either it's just my intuition or I have been too much around pregnant ladies x) I'm happy for both couples, and wishing them the best <3 Anyways, enjoy the new chapter, and the most awaited moment finally happened!

An exceptional third point of view.

Cape Town was a splendid town of South Africa. Our two lovebirds were roaming around the city, unaware -or better said not wanting to be aware- of the storm awaiting them.

During their day out, they rented a car and visited the Cape Whale Route it was a site that allowed them to watch whales passing by in the ocean. They passed numerous villages, met natives and foreigners who just like them came to have a once in a lifetime experience.

As they were standing in front of the ocean, while she was looking for any whale to bless her with its presence, he admired her features. During their initial days, she couldn't quite grasp the reason why he had fallen for her. After all, he seemed to be out of her league, she was simple, despite her father being one of the richest men in India. She didn't care much about the impression she gave to the outer world, as long as she was comfortable with the impression she gave to herself. And she sucked in relationships with the other sex. He was her first experience with someone of the opposite sex. He had a place in her life he could be proud of, being the first man who entered her life after her father. Of course, there was her neighbour Khanna... But she was closer to Khanna's grandmother, Daima, than to him.

He looked at her and could see how her eyes had left the dark shade of brown for a honey-like shade. Her lips were parted in amazement as she saw a whale jumping to the surface. She seemed to have gone back to being a child. He found her adorable and smiled. That was how he wanted her to be, happy and careless, just like he met her three years back. His phone buzzed in his pocket. He picked it up and turned it off when he saw that it was her dad calling. There was a high chance that he would ask Shivaay to convince Annika for the wedding. But he wanted to be selfish. When it was about Annika, he was always selfish. Not selfish for his sake, obviously, but selfish for her own sake.

India

Back in India, the creases of despair couldn't quite leave Harsh Vardan Trivedi's face. He was facing his childhood friend with much concern.

"She doesn't want to marry Shivaansh, Veer. I can't do anything about that." He explained to his friend.

"But we had a deal, Harsh!" Veer said.

"Harshji can't force Annika to marry your son, Mr Chauhan," Pinky said, sitting on the armrest next to her husband. She rubbed his shoulder, squeezing it softly.

"Pinky, stay out of this matter, you have nothing to do with Annika, you're not her mother." Veer raised his finger at the lady who was hurt by his words.

"I think you shall go to your place and rest, Veer. Since I married Pinky, Annika has probably not felt the loss of her mother. Pinky has been the best wife and the best mother I could have thought of after Alia. I won't tolerate you badmouthing her for anything. If Annika doesn't want to marry Shivaansh, then she won't marry him." Harsh said. "Pinky, dear, please show him out," Harsh said before standing up to go to the room where were kept all of Alia's belongings.

Pinky didn't dare to look at Veer, she just stared down and began walking towards the entrance, but he suddenly twisted her arm and brought her near him.

"You better do your best to make Annika marry my son!" He roared.

"Are you nuts? Didn't you hear my husband's words? If Annika said no, then it's no! There is no need to argue!" Pinky argued.

"Alright! Let him know then how his wonderful step-son is mine! Let us see how he'll treat you after knowing that you slept with me, a married man!" Veer sneered.

"You have no right to play this game with me! I didn't even know that you were married, Veer! You're such a pig! I can't believe that I fell in love with some ugly bastard like you! You can blackmail me how you want I don't care! I would never put my happiness in front of my daughter's!" Pinky said before opening the door for him.

"Now leave, Mr Chauhan!" She shouted and slammed the door after he left. She didn't know what to do, but she knew that her children's happiness was the most important.

South Africa

Shivaay couldn't help but gawk shamelessly at his paprika wife. They had decided on a tête-à-tête dinner as the French call it, in their suite. She had taken a bath after their escapade outside and was now in her pj's, a pink short shorts with small hearts all over and a lilac tee-shirt that must have been two sizes bigger. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and her face free from any makeup, only the smile plastered on her face lingered from their day out. She was happy living one of her best days with her best partner in crime. He was actually gawking at her simplicity. Every time she would change the classy and oh-so-perfect look for the natural beauty she was, he would feel privileged on knowing her to such an intimate level. Despite her being the one who initiated their relationship, knowing about her background, how her father brought her up, he knew that she had probably gone against her own beliefs and education just to give her heart to him.

"Shivaay? Why are you looking at me like that?" She suddenly asked, putting a stop at his thoughts.

"Cant I observe my wife?" He replied. "My spicy girl!" He chuckled and she just clicked her tongue.

"You just look like a psycho when you look at me like that, being unbothered and everything." She looked down as a red hue tinted her cheeks.

"I've been taught to admire a work of art when I see one." He leaned forward and suddenly his cyan stare seemed to be difficult for her to bear. Her lips quivered as time seemed to stop for both of them. He kept looking at his life who was now staring down, her being daunted by his intense gaze. He inched towards her, and, closing his eyes, he dropped a kiss in between her hazel orbs.

Annika's senses were alert by his touch, he didn't feel the same. She looked up and saw the flame of desire burning his eyes. Just like that night in the farmhouse, but this time, this flame was more likely a raging fire that seemed to be burning his soul. She would have stopped him from claiming her but her father's words rang in her mind. With hesitant moves, she reached for his cheeks and kissed him. He responded by holding the nape of her neck, locking her face against his. Their lips trembled against each other; their minds completely went silent as the desire of finally being one consumed them. They moved to their room and left their clothes scattered across the floor. It wasn't the bed of wine and roses that he wanted to give her, but it was the bed of passion and utter bliss. He knew it already but as soon as he slipped inside her, the idea that she was his as much as he was hers seemed to have been printed on his soul.