~8~

I had taken a 10-minute walk to the park, Athelstan park. When I reached there, I felt kind of empty, I just roamed around, looking at children playing, admiring birds chirping on top of trees and couple kissing and walking around. I was feeling sad but not angry, if there was someone I would have to be angry at, that would be me, for not speaking about my feelings to Shivaay before hands. But the coward that I was... I didn't tell him anything, I kept silent and ran away from my own feelings. I looked at the sky trying to take back my tears when I felt a movement beside me.

"Is everything all right?"The person asked. It was a man. For what I've seen of the world and different people, I could say that he was either Italian or Spanish, even his accent was giving away his origins.

"Yes, everything is doing fine, I'm just homesick." I lied, there was no way I would open up to a stranger.

"I'm Alessandro, by the way, and what's your name, Bella?" He asked and I blushed involuntarily.

"I'm Annika."

"Annika? Piacere di conoscerti." (I'm glad to meet you) He took my hand in his and kissed the back of it. I blushed more if that was even possible.

"I too miss home sometimes, especially my mom's handmade pizza." Alessandro smiled daydreaming and I chuckled. He was cute.

"What are you studying?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Studying arts! In the Kingston University of Arts. What about you?"

"I'm studying management at the Kingston University," I replied.

"Guess that we're schoolmates! It's a shame that I didn't notice such beauty on the campus!" Alessandro groaned and I giggled. He was such a flirt!

"It's all right, I guess we weren't bound to meet until today." We talked and laughed for quite some time, even having lunch together, until the night was settling down, and then he nicely walked with me until my building.

"It was great meeting you Alessandro, I enjoyed your company," I said sincerely.

"It was great meeting you too Annika, and I hope that my company diverted your mind from whatever problem you had when walking inside the park." I smiled, came near him, and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you," I said and walked inside my building. Sure enough, the pang in my heart had become bearable. As I reached my flat, I looked at Shivaay's door and then entered my apartment. When I got inside, my phone began to ring and the realization hit me. I spent a whole day without my phone, and I hadn't even called dad nor Gauri before leaving! I quickly ran to it and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Annika! God, I was so tense! Gauri and I have been calling you for the past five hours! I was even about to take a ticket to London."

"I'm sorry daddy, I was out and I forgot my phone home," I explained.

"Try not to repeat that okay? I don't know what I would do if something ever happened to you." Daddy's voice softened and my heart melted.

"I'll try not to daddy. Did you have dinner already? How was your day?"

"Everything was fine darling. We've eaten already as well. What about you? How are your classes doing?"

"I was about to make myself some pasta with tomato sauce, my day was great, I spent it at the park with a friend. All my classes are doing great."

"A friend you said? A male friend?" Daddy asked and I tried not to laugh, he was so hilarious with his 'don't touch my daughter' character.

"No, it's a she! Her name's Alessandra, she's Italian." I lied. If you ever read this Alessandro, it wasn't against you, it's just that at that time I didn't want my father's lessons about love, sex, and pregnancy before marriage.

"Oh, an Italian friend? That's awesome! Did you meet any Indian compatriot?" His question was enough to let my mind drift into Shivaay's memories.

"Huh... yes... But, we've only met once or twice you know." I stuttered and quickly made up an excuse after that to end the call.

What did the heck happen to me? Why couldn't I go past that fling? If falling in love was easy, why was falling out of love so difficult?

The day after, as I left my flat to go to the University, I was surprised to find Shivaay waiting for me with Pia.

"Hi, Annie! Where have you disappeared yesterday? I knocked on your door but you didn't answer." Shivaay said and I put on a fake smile.

"I'm sorry! I was out with a friend of mine and I forgot about the time. I came home later in the evening." I replied.

"Oh!" Shivaay simply replied. We left the building and I was preparing myself mentally to be the third wheel when someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Ciao, Bella!" It was none other than Alessandro!

"Hello!" I squealed and hugged him. I was genuinely happy to see him.

"Annika who is this?" Shivaay intervened.

"Oh, it's Alessandro, my friend. Alessandro, meet Shivaay and Pia. We are neighbors." I introduced them to each other and we carried on walking. While Shivaay and Pia were having their chitchat, Alessandro was telling me about the beauty of his country Italy and especially where he came from, Palermo. I felt good with him and for a moment I forgot that I was walking along with my love and his plausible girlfriend.