~13~

Hi guys, Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate it! I couldn't focus on writing because of the preparations for Eid. Moreover due to some health problems I may or may not stop updating for the next two weeks (after next chapter that is already up) I will tell you in next chapter if I will take a short break or not.

"And I'd like to especially thank my companion and best friend for helping me through these three years. To be honest, without her I would have never been able to reach the second semester of the first year. So thank you, Annika, for keeping me company in learning. And thank you for keeping me company in general in my life. I owe me being on this earth and in this University to my mother, but I owe this success to you." Shivaay said as he received his diploma. I watched him teary-eyed as I was proud of him. After he finished his speech, he came to me and I hugged him tightly kissing his cheek and congratulating him for his success. I was the last one to receive my diploma, as I was the topper of our batch... A novelty? Not at all to be honest. As I got to the stage, I received my diploma with cold drops of perspiration running down my back with stress. Gauri, dad, and Shivaay's mom couldn't manage to be there because Gauri had her exams still going on in India and Shivaay's mom had to stay by her sister's side because she was sick. So it was just the two of us, just like the past three years and I wasn't that sad. He allowed me to fly with my own wings and think more for myself and not for my father or Gauri. I cleared my throat and began speaking.

"It's a bit of a stress for me to be the last one making my speech as people often say that it's better to save the best one last. I personally don't think so. I think that we all succeeded in our own way. I'm very honored to have been chosen as a representation of this success which wouldn't have been possible with my partner in crime. Thank you Shivaay for believing in me and making me confident about my real abilities. If it wasn't for you, maybe I would have succeeded... but what is a success when you cannot understand the meaning of life. These three years in this University were a moment in which some of us grew up, some of us realized our place in the society, in life, some of us are still wondering if the path we have chosen is the right for us, some of us already know the answer and some of us don't... Well, what I mean to say with this speech is that these three years made us more united in accepting our differences, in making us good citizens with different abilities and this is why and how we can be strong humanity, by loving each other the same but different." I finished my speech and got down the stage to pull in an embrace the only person who mattered to me at that moment, my Shiv.

After the graduation ceremony, Shivaay and I joined Alessandro, Pia and some other friends of ours to celebrate in a nearby pub before we headed back to our flat since Shivaay had to take his flight the day after. He didn't know yet, nor my dad and Gauri but since I was almost done with sending most of my stuff in India, I had decided to pre-pone my flight so I was going back to India the day after his arrival. I didn't want to stay in London a week more away from him and my family.

"Annika?" Shivaay asked as we were cuddling in bed.

"Hmm.." I hummed, inhaling the sweet fragrance of his torso.

"What if your dad doesn't like me?" He wondered.

"Don't worry if he doesn't like you then we'll both elope. You'll knock me up so that he won't have anything to say!" I joked.

"You're silly. He will kill me if I make you pregnant when he didn't agree with our union." Shivaay sighed. I raised my head and let my fingers play with the hairs on his chest.

"My dad will love you and he has too because I will never look at another man but you. If my dad has been chosen as my dad then you have been chosen as my partner. If he doesn't like you then he'll have to live with the fact that I will never get married because you're the one I want to marry." I said with a small tear rolling down my cheek and he kissed me. We hugged and he dropped a kiss on my head.

"Even I won't see my life with anyone else but you. I don't know if I'll be able to breathe if I cannot be by your side... Annika, my life."

"I love you."

"I love you too..." We hugged and slept in this tight embrace.