~15~

It was a tiring journey. My neck ached a bit but there I was, finally back home. As I left the plane, I wrapped my cardigan better around me and I went to pick my luggage before walking outside the airport. I tried to spot Khanna in the crowd of people. It was easy since it was early in the morning, he was leaning against a black car.

"Khannaji!" I shouted and he turned to me. He smiled warmly as he walked to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"Annika, still short huh?" He said referring to my size. Yes, he was like a giant and I was a dwarf next to him. I lightly punched his shoulder.

"Khannaji, still fat huh?" I replied pulling my tongue at him. He chuckled before reaching for my suitcase.

"You love surprising people, don't you? You are really not expected back home." Khanna said.

"Yeah, but what can I do? I miss Gauri and Dad so much! Couldn't wait until next week to come." I chuckled. Khanna smiled but I could see it didn't reach his eyes.

"How is Daima doing?" I asked as we settled in the car.

"She's all fine, a bit weak nowadays but she's doing all right," Khanna said.

"And is there a Mrs. Khanna Singh now?" I wriggled my brows and he smiled.

"Oh yes, you need to meet her! Her name's Lara! She's such a sweet gem. We're getting married in a month." I could feel in his voice how in love he was. Was I the same when I spoke about Shivaay?

"I hope you'll invite me!" I chuckled.

"Check in the glove box!" He said and I opened it, finding an invitation card.

"Annika Vardhan Trivedi, you are invited for the wedding of the year, Lara Sheikh and Khanna Singh's union." I smiled in happiness. Ten years that I was running behind this kiddo asking him when he would tie the knot and finally he went for it.

"I need to see if I'm available, you know I'll check with my assistant..." I began and he stopped me midway.

"Stop your drama, Drama Queen." He chuckled. I just sighed as we reached my gate.

"Some things have changed." I furrowed my brows as I noticed three cars in front of the house.

"Oh, you're in for a surprise dear. But I can't tell you more." Khanna said with a grave voice. I looked at him and made a face. Why was he so mysterious all of sudden? He helped me take my luggage to the front door. I knocked at the door and was welcomed by one of the maids.

"Miss Trivedi? You here? We didn't expect you for another week. Let me go wake your father up." The maid, Rekha said. She had been working for us as far as I remember.

"Let me, I'll surprise him myself," I said and my eyes noticed something behind Rekha.

"What's this nonsense?" I whispered.

"What are you talking about?" Rekha wondered.

"This! Where is my mom's photography and who is this woman?" I wondered. Rekha seemed to have lost all her colors as I said this.

"Well..." Rekha began but I raised my hand.

"No, don't say anything, I'll see with my father," I replied sternly. "Ask someone to keep my luggage in my room, please. I'll go see dad." I went upstairs, not waiting for an answer. I knocked on my father's bedroom door and I entered without waiting for his reply just like I used to do.

"Morning Da..." I began joyfully but stopped mid-sentence. A woman was sleeping with my dad. He had his arms wrapped protectively around her shoulders. And both woke up from my shouting.

"Annika?" My father said then opened his eyes like saucers as the realization of me being here hit him.

"What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but stare at the woman instead who seemed very familiar but I couldn't remember where I had seen her.

"What is this daddy? I came early to surprise you but I guess like the man hoist with his own petard, you played me well. Here you were teaching us about manners and you've been caught in bed with a random woman? What is Gauri thinking of this? Does she know that you're bringing women home? And where the hell is maa's portrait? Wait, I'll go tell Gauri about your deeds!" I stormed out of the room to Gauri's room, it was the same as last time I saw it, except that now it was grey and not purple and her furniture looked more like furniture for a mature woman.

"Gauri!" I woke her up and she was surprised before she hugged me happily.

"Di!" I was too much shaken by what I had witnessed to be happy at that moment.

"Why didn't you tell me that dad now brings women home?" I asked instead and I could see different feelings in her eyes, going from shock, wonder then realization.

"Di, this woman you saw is daddy's new wife."

Now we're finally at the entrance of the actual plot... Do you guys now understand the title of the book? :)