Chapter 21: Taehyung

I barely remember what happened last night. The only reminder I had was waking up next to Jungkook and his bloody nose soaking the clean sheets. Luckily Hoseok took care of that for us. I was surprised to see him answer for room service so quickly. He took the sheets and made a promise to have them back as soon as possible.

Jimin apparently slept on the floor. When I started apologizing, Jimin only smirked. "Trust me, Tae, I'm not blind. I'm just glad he's okay." Jimin then left to go practice with Yoongi, blushing after I made a comment about how they've been spending a lot of time together.

Jungkook has been sitting inside the cabin finishing up the breakfast I fetched us. It's not much, only a piece of bread and some potatoes, but it's enough.

"Thank you for hiding me," Jungkook says, "and for knocking some sense into me with a book."

"A hardback book." I glance at him. "I needed to make sure it got through to you."

Jungkook sighs, but nods. "I deserved that. I'm sorry I scared you."

Damn right I was scared. I remember that much. I remember the moment when I didn't think about anything, I just heard echoes of shouts and pleas for it all to stop. Jungkook now looks at me with softer eyes, less intense than before. I guess that's a good thing.

"You can make it up to me later," I say.

Jungkook lowers his plate down. "What can I do?"

"Draw me."

He pauses. His eyes stare into mine, searching for something. If he thinks I'm joking he doesn't say it. Jungkook places the plate on the dresser and wordlessly leaves the room. I follow behind him as he leads us out the hallway, upstairs to the hallway leading to his room.

"I shouldn't be here," I say while I continue following him down the hallway. "Seriously, I'd get into a lot of trouble and so would you."

Jungkook shrugs and opens the cabin door, inviting me inside. "Everyone's gone for early drinking. No one would care if they saw you or me. They only care about Seokjin and his perfect injured face."

He gestures for me to sit on a bed in another room. I do as I'm told and almost sink into the silk sheets. This bed is much softer than my own. The sheets wrinkle under my weight and I want to straighten them in fear someone will notice the evidence that I've been here.

"Lay down," Junkook instructs. He pulls up a chair and sits with his sketchbook in his hands. "Stay still for me, okay?"

I do as he says and lay down on my back. The pillows cradle my head and smell fresh. Jungkook looks at me for a long time, his eyes tracing my body. He shakes his head.

"Move closer to me, you're all the way on the edge of the bed."

"You won't punch me?"

"What? Why would I punch you?"

"I don't have a book to defend myself."

Jungkook growls. "I said I was sorry and I'm making it up to you now. This is what you wanted, right? Do you think I'm unstable or something?"

"Well, you did almost jump off the ship when we first met," I mumble.

"If you think I'm so unstable, why are you in a room with me all alone?" Jungkook leans closer in his seat. "You must have some trust in me. Especially after letting me sleep in your cabin last night."

I scoff. "You wouldn't do anything. A pretty rich boy like you wouldn't be interested in someone like me." Even as I say this, I doubt my words. I've never actually seen Jungkook engage in Lady Eleanor's talks. He seems to despise them.