Chapter 24: Jungkook

I'm unaware of how much time has passed. For the most part, I don't care. 

 I lean back and allow Taehyung to crawl beside me. His mess of hair tickles my chin as he shifts into a comfortable position. On the bed, both of us are unwilling to be more than five inches away from each other. Though it's new, I welcome the feeling of another person close to me.

"Who's the richest person you've met so far?" Taehyung questions.

"I'm surprised an actor like you doesn't possess subtlety."

I'm earned a playful shove. Taehyung waits for my answer, though I cannot think of one to give. "Truth be told, I don't remember who I've met." I've spent so long in my head that I rarely listen to anyone speaking to me, even directly. There were many times when Kim Nam-Jung would create stories of a 'terrible accident', though he would change the subject before anyone asked for more details. Maybe that added to the mysterious story of the boy being adopted by a rich man.

Taehyung hums. "I wonder how long it will take before you forget me."

"I could never forget you." I mean it. I have thought of myself if I never saw him get on the Titanic, and with every scenario, I find myself just as sad as I was before. Taehyung erases that sadness completely. With him, I have a purpose.

Taehyung sighs, his eyes gaze down to my lips. "I'll never forget your taste." He runs a hooked finger up my arm, sending chills up my spine. A single finger is enough to spike a desire in me I never knew existed.

"Wait," I grab his wrist. Taehyung pauses, but his eyes linger on my lips. "If you keep going, I don't know if I will be able to...stop myself."

"That's the idea."

"Tae, I'm being serious. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Taehyung shimmies off the blankets and crawls over me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning in until all I can see are his narrow brown eyes. "I want what you want. If you are ready, then I am too," he says before he leaves a soft kiss on my lips. "I know that I want to continue, but I leave that up to you."

"Okay."

We kiss more, this time a bit more rushed like we both wanted it fast. I slip my tongue down his throat and feel his neck buzz as he moans in my ear. I do it again. He moans again. I push further until I feel as if he will swallow my entire face. Taehyung gags, but doesn't stop me.

Instead, he bites.

I jerk back, shocked at the pain forming on my lips. I wonder if I'm tasting blood. Just as I open my mouth to suggest that biting may not always be the right way to stop me, I feel sharp teeth pierce my neck.

I gasp, shuddering underneath him. Taehyung narrows his eyes.

"You like that, huh?"

It sounds patronizing. It looks humiliating. But oh, does it feel like a challenge.

I claw at his arms and turn him over. Taehyung squeaks before his body slams against the bed. I know he was testing the waters with me, but I can't let him off that easily.

"Do I have to tie you down or can I trust that you'll be waiting for me when I get back?"

Taehyung grins. "We shall see."

I swing my legs over the bed and turn into the small closet where the safe is stored. Unlocking it was the easiest part, I memorized the combination the second Kim Nam-Jung acquired it. Inside are irreplaceable documents, wills, and jewels. I pick the biggest: the Hope Diamond.