Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Marshall, are you ready?" She called as her heart started doing crazy tricks inside her chest.

"I'll be out in a minute," he responded.

Shortly after, his bathroom door opened, revealing his tall, muscular body. Only a towel wrapped around his waist was enough to make Brooklyn drool, but she did well in pretending it didn't affect her, holding the ointment bottle tight in her hands to keep herself from touching him.

"Where do you want me to sit?" He asked. Brooklyn looked around, wanting to find a chair, but there was none, so she had to settle on the bed, ordering him to sit down and get comfortable.

Careful not to take a peek when the towel went up further on his thigh as he sat down, she kneeled in front of him, squeezing some of the ointment on her hand before rubbing them together, spreading it gently up from his ankle to his knee.

"Why are you blushing? It's nothing you haven't seen before," he teased again. They have been naked on a few occasions, including earlier in the barn, but it didn't stop Brooklyn from feeling flushed as she gently massaged the muscles on his legs.

She could feel the screws from one end to the other, and couldn't imagine how horrible it must have been for him to experience such a catastrophic accident.

"I wish I had been there, Marshall," she whispered, squeezing the knee before she ran her hand further up his thigh.

"There was nothing you could have done, Sugar. If the accident was bound to happen, you couldn't have stopped it," he replied, but that didn't reassure her.

"I know. But I could have been there, by your side on your recovery. I wish everything was different. If I had told you we had a daughter before, maybe you could have stopped riding bulls and stayed home with us, doing your ranching, safely."

Marshall reached for her chin, lifting it to force her to meet his eyes. "Things happen for a reason, Sugar."

"Yes, selfish reasons. I should have told you about Abilene from the moment I found out. Even if we were mad at each other."

"Maybe things wouldn't have worked out then. Haven't you thought of that? We were too angry at each other to think straight."

She nodded; he had a point and she knew it, but she still had that secret in her conscience, and no matter how great things were, it will always be there.

As she kept massaging his leg, he felt an electric current running up his body, and it was not from the pain. She was right; the ointment and her massage were helping greatly. But that current was from her touch. Her sweet, tender touch.

Marshall reached for her face, cupping her cheek before he pushed a strand that had fallen from her ponytail. He thought it could have been from her concern towards their daughter, and her hair had become disheveled.

"You look stunning. My beautiful northern girl," he whispered huskily, sending a wave of excitement through her veins. Brooklyn's breathing had become a bit heavier, as the touch was more than intimate.

"Marshall..."

"Sshh. Don't say another word." He leaned over, pressing his lips on her cheek, his kiss seducing her, and his voice in her ear sounding erotic. Marshall brushed his lips all over her face, telling her how much he wanted her and how much he needed her as he ran his hand down her arm, lifting her hand to press it against his chest as he claimed her mouth with urgency.

Brooklyn dropped the ointment on the floor, wasted no time in getting up and sat on his lap, their lips still glued to each other's. His towel had gotten loose, exposing his desire for her and she couldn't help but reach down, knowing how ready he was for her.

"I love you, Sugar," he said as he kissed her jawline, nibbling at the delicate skin on her neck–sucking on it–sure to leave a mark.

A soft moan escaped her lips while she moved herself over him, giving into the fire that was burning between them.

Marshall pulled her top over her head and pushed her back–still sitting on his lap–revealing her bra over her perfectly plump breasts, giving him the chance to kiss in between them, slowly, torturously, possessively.

Reaching for her hair, she pulled the band off her ponytail, letting her wild curls fall down her shoulders, making her look like a Goddess in his eyes.

"My treasure," he said, kissing her again, his hands tangled in her hair while his other hand was pressed on her bare back, reaching for the clip of her bra and effortlessly snapping it open, exposing her soft skin.

Brooklyn stopped him suddenly, pressing her finger on his lips while she looked at him with lustful eyes, getting off his lap. Extending her hand towards him in invitation, he accepted, reaching for her before she led him back to the bathroom, closing the door behind them as soon as they were in.

They both stepped in the shower, turning the water on and letting the drops fall on them; a blessing to their intimacy.

"Brooklyn..."

"Sshh. Don't talk, Marshall. Make me yours again."

Not being told twice, he pushed her wet jeans down along with her underwear, letting it fall on the tub, leaving her once again naked in front of him. He lifted her as the water kept falling on their heads, Brooklyn wrapped her legs around his waist, and he took it as a chance to slide in, moving slowly, taking his time.

He carried her as if she weighed nothing and pressed her against the wall, his hand on one side of her head while the other one held her bottom, giving her more reason to want more of him.

The sound of the water blended with their own sounds of pleasure just as they reached their climax together, falling limp in each other's arms.

Setting her down on the floor, he pressed his forehead against hers while they tried to catch their breath.

"Did the ointment work?" she giggled, breaking their moment as he joined along with a soft chuckle.

"It did, at least for now. But I don't think I focused on that," he replied, pecking her lips. "I'm happy. Very happy."

"Me too. The happiest woman in the world right now is standing in front of you. But don't think you're off the hook. You have a lot to make up for after what you pulled out there."

"I understand. I will make it up to you and Abilene. And good, because I will not let you go. Not even with all the arguments in the world."

"I'll hold you to that, cowboy."

As they relaxed after an exciting shower, he helped her out and grabbed a towel from the hook, wrapping her body with it, while drying her hair with a smaller towel from the sink, both of them looking at each other in the mirror, sending a message of love through their eyes.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" he asked, wrapping her hair.

"Are you sure? What about Abilene?"

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Stay with me, just one night." He kissed her shoulder, as if trying to convince her. Smiling at him through the mirror, she answered. "A romantic moment like that it's a great way to convince me, Mr. Redd."

"It sure is."

Marshall led her to the bedroom, and just when she thought it would be over, he had made love to her many times that night; the only thing in their minds was being in each other's arms.