♡ 8 | Something's off

Kamo stares at his phone blankly as he lays down in his bed. Y/N's contact stares right back at him. He chews the inner part of his cheek while his thumb hovers over the text icon. He's gone on plenty of missions before but not one where he needs to create a fake friendship to get results. Something about this feels wrong. 

Tossing his phone to the side, Kamo forces his eyes shut with a loud groan. "That stupid blind-folded jerk." Kamo grumbles out through his clench teeth. Kamo just needs to tell himself that he'll never see these Tokyo students again after he's complete his mission. But with his eyes shut he clearly sees Y/N. Her body language when she thinks about the boy named Yuta Okkotsu. 

How tragic it is to fall in love with someone who's emotionally and physically unavailable. Kamo may not understand her feelings exactly. But he knows the feeling of being unloved very clearly. When was the last time he received any kind of love from his mother? It's been years. The bitter feeling makes Kamo snap out of his thoughts. 

He slowly sits up and stares at his phone again. Feelings and thoughts aside, Kamo needs to keep a close eye on Y/N and her friends. Gojo's words still echo loudly in Kamo's mind. That the Orimoto girl is potentially a powerful cursed spirit. Okkotsu and Y/N seem to not have found their jujutsu powers yet and Inumaki seems reluctant to use his. 

"This is going to be a long mission..." Kamo murmurs to himself as he holds his head with his hands. Another long groan slips off his tongue.

⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

You wake up like usual and begin to leave for the morning. But something about today feels off. As you step out and lock the front door, Okkotsu is no where to be seen. You glance at the time on your phone. Maybe he's running late? You decide to call him but it instantly goes to voicemail. 

"Weird..." You murmur under your breath. You debate whether or not to wait a bit. Nibbling your lower lip, you send Okkotsu a text to ask him if he's awake. But the text goes unread as two minutes have already passed. Okkotsu is usually quick to respond. 

Your thoughts begin to swirl around as an uneasy feeling clouds over you. The sound of a chime rings from your phone and you quickly dart your eyes down to your phone. But you only frown when the text is from someone else. Kamo's texted you a good morning with locations he wants you to show him. You stare at the text with a frown before turning your phone off.

If you wait any longer, you'll be running late to class. Glancing over to the left you spot other students making their way to school. But none of them are Okkotsu. With a sigh, you begin to walk to school alone. You wouldn't want to worry the others who are possibly waiting. 

Walking a few blocks ahead you spot Inumaki playing on his phone. He looks up and meets your eyes with a smile. Inumaki hurries over to your side and gives you his usual greeting of kelp. "Where's Yuta?" Inumaki texts.

You respond with a shrug to your shoulders. "His phone went straight to voicemail. Maybe he's running late and forgot to charge his phone?" Your voice sounds more deflated and Inumaki easily notices. He pinches your right cheek to distract you momentarily. Furrowing your brows, you pinch Inumaki's left cheek in return.

"Did you get a text from Kamo-senpai? He sent me a list of places he wants to go." You change the subject, raising your phone up to show Kamo's text to Inumaki. Inumaki takes your phone from your hand and stares at the text. He slowly drags his finger up on the screen to see the text that still keeps going. 

Inumaki returns your phone and scratches the side of his head innocently. "It's a lot." You giggle when you stare at the list. You figured these places may not be found in Kyoto. The conversation falls to silence when you both walk past Orimoto's neighborhood. She's no where to be found either.