♡ 31 | Something's wrong

The ride back to Tokyo Jujutsu High is a quiet one. The students are all asleep from running around in the amusement park. Nanami glances at the group from the rearview mirror. Gojo wears a wide smirk as he fiddles with his phone. "Thanks for playing along Nanami. I didn't think you would." Gojo raises his eyes away from his phone to glance at Nanami.

Nanami only makes brief eye contact with Gojo from the corner of his eye before returning them on the road. "They're still kids. We should allow them to act like one despite the responsibilities that weigh over them." Nanami speaks quietly. He's careful to keep his words to a minimum to not startle the students awake. 

Gojo snickers under his breath. He exhales and folds his arms behind his head. "Despite your stern expression, I'm sure you're happy." Gojo murmurs. Nanami's silent response is an answer in itself. "Y/L/N. She's making great progress, right? She's the short end of the stick compared to Okkotsu and Inumaki."

Nanami slows the car down to a halt for a red light. He turns his attention over to Gojo. "She's excelling more than I predicted. But she's still relying on her adrenaline for the bigger impact fights. I'm sure with more practice on actual missions she'll do well." 

There's a short nod from Gojo as he listens to Nanami. The man taps his finger against his chin as he tilts his head in thought. The snow-white hairs sway slightly from Gojo's tilting. Nanami speaks up again to halt Gojo's racing ideas. "Let's not toss them into another mission so quickly. The last thing I want is for a student of mine to pass out from exhaustion. Her powers take a lot out of her both mentally and physically." 

The car starts to move once more when the light changes to green. Gojo stares at Nanami from the corner of his eye, a smile tugging onto his face. Seeing Nanami's kind and considerate side is rare. Especially when the blonde haired man is so focused on work. Their conversation ends there and the ambient noises of the bustling traffic fills the lack of conversation. 

 ⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

"You think you're at peace now. Don't you Yuta?" Orimoto's voice rings out full of anger. Okkotsu finds himself standing in an abyss of nothing but blackness. His eyes dart around to hear Orimoto's voice surrounding him. Each word gets louder and louder. 

Okkotsu's heart races as sweat litters his forehead. "GET AWAY FROM ME RIKA!" Okkotsu screams out, fear lacing around his words. Orimoto's laughter stings his eardrums as he clasps his hands over his ears. This all feels too real but this must be a dream. 

The last thing Okkotsu recalled is being in the van with the rest of the group. "I'll always be attached to you Yuta. You'll never get rid of me. Even in the afterlife." Orimoto giggles. Her high pitch tone sending chills down Okkotsu's spine. 

He begins to breath heavily with his eyes practically bulging out. Paralyzed by fear Okkotsu stands there with his hands clutching tightly over his ears. "No. No. No. GET OUT OF MY HEAD. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU RIKA. WE'RE OVER. I HAVE NO LOVE FOR YOU."

The smell of daisies fills Okkotsu's nose along with the silky touch of hair against his arms. Orimoto leans over Okkotsu's ear. "Is that so? You promised to marry me though Yuta. YOU CAN NEVER BREAK THAT PROMISE." Orimoto pries Okkotsu's hands away. 

Okkotsu's breath hitches when he clearly feels her physical hand. Why does everything feel so real? Okkotsu snatches his hands away from Orimoto to see the color red. Blood stains on his hands. His dark blue eyes look up to see Orimoto in her cursed spirit form. 

He screams out in terror as she looms over him. Her long claw like fingers touches against his face gingerly. But her sweetness is cut short when she scratches his face. Okkotsu hisses out in pain. He quickly presses his hand against the raw cut. Okkotsu needs to snap awake from this dream. 

But his efforts are useless. Despite how much he pleads himself to wake up. It's as if he's not exactly in a dream. But he's also not in reality. Did Okkotsu somehow find himself in another dimension. One that's in between reality and fantasy. But how?!

Okkotsu's breathing becomes unstable. His eyes wide with fear as a pool of blood forms beneath his feet. Orimoto's wicked cackle fills his ears. Lighting a blue flame, Okkotsu tries to heal himself but the flame blows out. None of his powers are working in this realm. The amount of strength he carries is weak. 

He feels as powerless as if he were in a dream. Unable to land a punch or to even run. "What is this Rika?!" Okkotsu cries out. His dark blue eyes stare at the cursed spirit with tears. 

  ⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

You startle awake when you feel Okkotsu's body twitching underneath of you. Raising your head up from his shoulder, you flutter your eyes open. Your vision clears up and your eyes adjust from the dim lit surrounding. "Yuta?" You whisper out Okkotsu's name. 

Okkotsu is in a deep sleep from your observation. But you notice his flushed red cheeks and his eyes darting frantically underneath his closed eyelids. Something feels wrong. You sit up straight as you rest your hands on his shoulders to give him a good shake. "Yuta. Yuta, wake up." You try to remain quiet but his lack of response makes your tone rise. 

You hear someone rustling up front and Nanami's voice catches your attention. "What's wrong Y/L/N?" The car comes to a full stop when Nanami parks the car. "Yuta. He's not waking up." Your words slur when you continue to roughly shake the boy in your palms. 

There's a pitch of fear and urgency behind your words. Loud enough to stir the others awake. Inumaki who's sitting behind you stands up from his spot. The boy leans over to stare at Okkotsu who looks lifeless from the shakes. Lowering his collar, Inumaki speaks a command. "Wake up." Inumaki's brows furrow together.

The sight only scares you and Inumaki more. Okkotsu's eyelids snap open and his eyes continue to dart around frantically. Your stomach ties in knots at the sight. The van door opens and Gojo swiftly scoops Okkotsu from your hold. One by one the students in the van are stirred awake from the commotion. "Somethings wrong." Gojo speaks between clench teeth. "Nanami, escort the students to their dorms. Meet me over at Ieiri's infirmary." In an instant Gojo is gone.

You hurry to stand on your feet to go after the snow-white haired man. But you're stopped in your tracks when Nanami stands in front of you as you exit the van. "Head straight to the dorm room Y/L/N." Nanami's voice is stern as it sends chills to your bones. You're about to retort but his serious gaze renders you silent. Inumaki gently grabs ahold of your pinky, giving it a tug. 

Inumaki tilts his head to the left, urging you to listen and to follow along. You chew the inside of your cheek, brows knitting together to only relax. You'll only get in the way if you tried to chase after Gojo. Drooping your shoulders, you purse your lips and follow Inumaki. The others yawn and look around confused. But Nanami halts them from saying a word.

"I want you all to remain in the dorm rooms until Gojo or I stop by. Get some rest." Nanami looks at everyone directly in the eyes before setting off towards the Tokyo Jujutsu High building. His long legs easily help him stride out of view. Everyone mumbles amongst each other, the summer air feeling much chillier than normal. 

You can't rid of the image of Okkotsu's eyes darting every which way. "What happened?" Itadori hurries over to you and Inumaki. The two of you enter the dorm first. You look over to the pink haired boy with a shake to your head. A frown laces your lips.

"Somethings wrong with Yuta." The words fall from your tongue as your eyes waver with worry. Is this some cruel joke the universe is making? You and Okkotsu both can't seem to have one enjoyable day together.