♡ 18 | I love you Yuta

"Your movements are sloppy Okkotsu." Maki sweeps Okkotsu's legs from under him. He lands roughly onto the concrete pavement with heavy panting. Sweat drenches onto his clothes as he wears a serious expression towards Maki. The green haired girl stands up straight with a sigh. "I would forgive you if it's not the fact that we've been at this for well over a week." 

Okkotsu stands up on his feet, patting off the back of his pants. He holds his sword steady and stances in a battle position. Training is nonstop for the new arrivals. Okkotsu's learned that he has incredible strength, agility, endurance, and energy. He's quick to grasp everything but he needs to be able to control it. He's moving two steps ahead mentally while only taking one physically.

Maki calls for the two to take a quick break before continuing on. Okkotsu relaxes his shoulders, his head knocked back as he closes his eyes to control his heavy breathing. The wind flutters through his hair, a wonderful breeze to cool him off. Slowly Okkotsu opens his eyes to see the beautiful colors of orange, yellow, and pink painted on the sky. Times when he's not training, his mind is a mess. 

He ponders on his life and future. Okkotsu's also learning to forget about Orimoto. Her screams haunt him every night causing him to not sleep. Not only that, Okkotsu's mind strays to Y/N. He lowers his eyes down to the sword in his hand. Her words swirl in his mind. 

"Because I love you Yuta."

Squinting his eyes and chewing the inside of his cheek, he tries to understand her words. Love. In what way? Okkotsu's too shy to bring the conversation up. It seems as though the two of them are avoiding it completely. Whether it's intentional or not.

If her feelings are more than a friendship...how will he feel? Okkotsu clutches his heart with his free hand. His heart beats at a regular pace. Dating someone right now feels too rushed. Okkotsu's unsure where he even stands with the thought of falling in love again.

Raising his eyes up, his dark blue eyes drift over to where Y/N usually trains. A weeks gone by and her powers are still dull. But that hasn't stopped her from trying. A focused expression paints on her face with her brows furrowing together. Okkotsu isn't the only one who's been training from dawn to dusk. The corner of his lips curl into a smile when he watches how motivated Y/N is.  

"Okkotsu, ready up!" Maki's voice booms behind Okkotsu. He tears his eyes away from Y/N to look at his training partner. Maki begins to move in a battle stance and so does Okkotsu. There's no more time for looming thoughts. He has to get his A-game on.

⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

"Ugh." You glare at the Rubik's cube in despair with a deep frown. The damned thing hasn't moved in the slightest no matter how focused you are. Closing your eyes, you rest your head against the tree stump. You've had thoughts of where your powers are a one and done thing. 

You fight with yourself between giving up and continuing on. Seeing Okkotsu and Inumaki work so hard motivates you to do the same. But when should you throw in the towel? You're suddenly missing schoolwork now. At least you're guaranteed results for your efforts when you work on your assignments. 

Opening your eyes, you grab the Rubik's cube in your palm. You grind your teeth at the sight of the object. You can never look at a Rubik's cube the same anymore. It will just remind you of this terrible training you put yourself through. You set it aside, annoyed at the sight. 

Pulling your knees to your chest, you stare off to the side. Nothing but the sight of grass, flowers, and woods. There's not a single noise belonging to cars or traffic in the distance. It's taken you some time to adjust to the quiet life here. At times it feels like you're all alone.