♡ 21 | A change of pace

It's been a month now since the Orimoto incident. Two weeks since your confession to Okkotsu. Nothing in particular has changed. You're not sure whether to be grateful or not. But you're only happy things are getting better for the group as a whole. Everyone's progressing in their training. After learning that you have to start off with lighter objects, you begin to ease yourself on more difficult tasks. Seeing the Rubik cube shakily float in the air as you try to solve it is great progress. 

Your training today however is different. The entire dorm room is called to the training grounds the moment the sun is long gone. Everyone wears a different expression. Some nervous while others are excited. Then there's the blank expression ones like Fushiguro and Maki.

Gojo claps his hands together to grab everyone's attention. The chatter comes to a silence. "I'm sure you're all curious to why you're here." Gojo's voice rings loudly in the silence. The only other sound being the cicadas. 

He wears a smirk before continuing on after the dramatic pause. "Tonight's a test on your teamwork and skills. With three additional sorcerers in the mix, we're curious to how things will pan out. With the team being an even number we will split you up in pairs." Gojo hums loudly as he reaches into his pocket. He waves a handful of sticks.

"It's more fun when things are randomized. Everyone will pick a stick from my hand and the color at the end of the tip will decide who your partner is." Gojo waves the group over to line up and the drawing begins. One by one everyone begins to grab a stick until there is none left. "Now find your partner." Gojo looks pleased with himself as he rests his hands on his sides. 

You nervously reveal the tip of your stick to see the color purple. There's not a particular person you'd like to match up with. But you wouldn't mind it being someone you can easily talk to. You still have difficulty talking to a few of the members here. Particularly Maki, Fushiguro, and Kugisaki. 

"What color did you get Y/L/N-senpai?" A cheerful voice rings out by your right ear. You look over to see Itadori smiling from ear to ear. You show the purple colored tip to Itadori who frowns. You can only guess his color is different. 

The boy blows raspberries with his tongue. He shows his color which is a yellow. Another person joins the conversation, their voice low. "Looks like we're partners." The color purple presents itself in front of you. Your gaze looks up to see Fushiguro. The boy looks indifferent on the decision. 

You try to not look dejected. Forming a small smile you speak up. "I'll do my best to not drag us down." Fushiguro nods his head before sliding the stick into his pocket. Itadori groans as he leaves the two of you alone to search for his partner. 

Not long after is the group in their respective teams. You and Fushiguro. Itadori and Okkotsu. Inumaki and Kugisaki. Maki and Panda. The only one who verbally complains about their partner is Panda. 

"I wanted to be partnered up with one of the new students. Why am I always with you Maki? Do you like me or something?" Panda nudges Maki on the shoulder. She rolls her eyes in response. 

Gojo chuckles under his breath as he looks at the groups before him. "Now that we're all grouped up. Let me tell you the goal here. There's low leveled cursed spirits we've released in the woods behind here. A total of sixteen. Ideally each group should defeat four. But it's fair game on how many you all want to kill." 

"Is there a prize for the group who gets the highest kill count?" Itadori shouts out from his spot. Fushiguro clicks his tongue as he glares at the back of Itadori's head. You find Itadori's excitement silly but Fushiguro seems to think otherwise. You have noticed how much Fushiguro has to clean up behind Itadori. The two are a comedic dynamic duo to watch. 

Gojo shrugs. "Not really but if you want to we can. The winning team will get a nice treat from me on our next outing. The losers will have to stay behind and clean up the dorms spotless." With a prize now presented in the training, there's more moral in the group. 

Fushiguro turns to look at you with a serious gaze. "There's no way I'm cleaning anyone's room other than mine. That first place will be ours Y/L/N-senpai." You startle a bit from how serious Fushiguro suddenly is. His clear cut voice sends a chill down your spine. You only hope you can pull your weight now. 

Nodding your head, you swallow the saliva that builds up in your mouth. "G-Gotcha." You stammer out from nervousness. Gojo begins to countdown and everyone begins to brace themselves for a dash into the woods. It's probably too late to tell Fushiguro how much you hate the darkness now. 

Closing your eyes for a moment you mentally pray tonight will go by quickly. "GO!" Gojo shouts with a wide smile. In a flash everyone clears out of the training grounds.