♡ 29 | He's teasing us

"What even is this..." Fushiguro grumbles when he steps out of the van. The group is pulled out on another training a week later from the last one. This time the terrain is outside of their usual. Panda hops out full of energy when his beady black eyes dart left and right. 

The energy here is lively and full of people and cursed spirits who loom around. Kugisaki hops up and down in her spot as she squeals. The location is an amusement park. Itadori is also elated, his jaw dropping as he takes in everything. Maki sighs when she's the last one to step out of the van. 

It's been a few years since you last went to an amusement park. Probably two years in fact. You stand in between Okkotsu and Inumaki who are both looking around with a shine in their eyes. Your last visit at the amusement park was with these two. And Orimoto...

You shake your head to rid of the looming thoughts of your old friend group. Gojo claps his hands together when Nanami finishes counting everyone here. Everyone silently looks at Gojo with a more serious atmosphere. There's no way these two superiors brought the eight of you here for fun and games. "Now I'm sure you're all wondering why we're here at the amusement park." Gojo speaks up with a smirk on his face.

Nanami folds his arms together, remaining silent but seemingly annoyed that he's here. Gojo raises his arms out as if presenting the area. "There's hundreds of people here. But they're not the only ones." Gojo leans forward speaking in a slightly lower tone so passing guests of the amusement park can't hear. "Cursed spirits of varying levels are here as well. We must clean them up." 

"All of them?" Itadori raises a brow when he speaks up. Nanami's shoulders droop as he pinches the bridge of his nose. The blonde haired man clears his throat and steps in front of Gojo. He grumbles something incoherent. 

Nanami adjusts the peculiar sunglasses up on his nose bridge. "No. Not all of them. There's too many for you all to handle. Especially without bringing attention to yourself. There's hundreds of civilians here so it's unsafe for you to just reveal your powers in the open."

Itadori gulps and awkwardly scratches the side of his cheek. Nanami continues on, his message straight forward. "This is a test on how well you young sorcerers can handle cursed spirits inconspicuously. Like a silent but deadly attack. Humans will not see the splatter of blood when you claim a cursed spirit so keep that in mind."

Nanami glances to his right when a couple passes by. A cursed spirit is casually laced around the man's shoulder and neck, hitching a ride. With a blink of an eye Nanami cuts the cursed spirit off by simply raising his hand. Nanami pretends to brush his hair back but in actuality the speed and strength of his hand movement easily kills the weak cursed spirit. Everyone's eyes widen at the quick skill Nanami carries.

No wonder he's a Grade 1 sorcerer. You're taken aback by seeing a professional sorcerer in action. You barely caught sight of the kill. Nanami clears his throat and fixes his tie. "Just like that the job is done." Gojo clears his throat as he rests a hand on Nanami's shoulder. 

"Now don't only focus on killing cursed spirits. You're here to enjoy yourselves too. We notice how hard you all are working and wanted to reward you. Besides, you're all young. You should have just as much fun as you all train." Gojo smiles from ear to ear, pleased with himself for saying something so generous. 

Maki only rolls her eyes in response with her arms crossed. Fushiguro only shakes his head with a heavy sigh. The others however waste not even a second to cheer. You, yourself is elated for this experience. You wonder if missions are usually like this for other sorcerers. Do they also get to enjoy their missions? A calm before the storm kind of job. 

"Off you all go! We'll meet back here at the entrance when the sun sets." Gojo waves the group off with his signature smile. Nanami eyes the group before tilting his head to the side to tell you all to part. Itadori and Kugisaki are the first to break off from the group. The two grab onto Fushiguro and drag him along.