♡ 23 | Protector

Your eyes remain focus on the two bear like cursed spirits that begin to inch towards you. Your nerves are screaming at you as you raise your hands out. It seems like one enemy after the next will test your skills. You can only do the basic actions like pushing and restraining. But at this moment you need to find a way to end them.

Darting around, you try to find something heavy to knock one out while you focus on the other. The only thing around are the several branches on the ground. Raising one large branch, you quickly knock the left bear out. That will only buy you a few minutes before it awakens. You leave Fushiguro's side to lure the right bear away from him. 

Fighting near each other is definitely not the way to go. Idiotically the bear follows after you as you run. You levitate a few rocks and branches in the air, flinging it towards the bear that's bolting towards you. The attack is weak when the bear simply shakes it off. Clicking your tongue, you huff and puff loudly. 

Your eyes dart everywhere to find something, anything. The strength in your body is depleting quickly with your lack of stamina. "Get ahold of yourself." You growl under your breath. Fushiguro is busy with his two targets. You can't let him down by not finishing yours. 

Your eyes glare at the bear who jumps up with it's arm ready to claw you to death. Gritting your teeth, you stop the bear in mid air. You feel it's weight by the air pressure around you as you restrain it. Fearing you'll drop the bear if you breath out, you hold your breath. With all your strength you begin to slam the bear against the nearby tree trunks. 

Each pound against the tree is like a ricochet against your body. You feel your legs shake as you stand still with your focus on the cursed spirit who growls out. Grabbing your right wrist with your left hand, you strain to raise the bear up high into the sky. "Fucking hell." Grunting you roughly slam the bear down onto the ground. 

It's growl ends and you timidly stare at it's lifeless body. Did you really kill it? Careful, you walk over to the bear. The blood that pools around it is proof enough. You breath a sigh of relief as you crouch over to catch your breath. 

But like the pattern tonight, you're not able to rest for long. A large shadow hovers above you. It's heavy breathing is obvious that it's the bear you had knocked out earlier. Your eyes widen in horror when you remain still. Clenching your teeth you ready to roll out of the way when you feel it's arm raise up. 

Now! You roll out of the way when the bear slams it's fist into the ground. You crawl backwards until your back hits against a tree trunk. Maybe you should've accepted Fushiguro's idea of heading back to the training grounds. Your wavering eyes remain still on the cursed spirit who slowly stands up straight. 

Cowardice begins to claim you when you feel yourself at your limit. Your body feels like a ton of bricks. Despite wanting to get up, your body has other plans. Your breathing becomes heavy and your heart pounds against your chest. The cursed spirit begins to creep closer and closer. 

The familiar pattern of it slamming it's claws against you is displayed again. The only thing you can think to do is scream. Forcing your eyes shut you let out a scream full of despair. 

 ⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

Itadori and Okkotsu stiffen when they hear a scream nearby. Itadori widens his eyes, turning his head towards the left of the woods. "T-That scream just now--" Itadori's tone is full of fear. He looks over to Okkotsu who's already bolting towards the location.

"WAIT, OKKOTSU! WE SHOULDN'T JUST AIMLESSLY RUN IN THE WOODS." Itadori shouts while following after the black haired boy. The two have encountered zero cursed spirits thus far. Now they're definitely going to lose the challenge if they're chasing after screams.