♡ 13 | Broken promises

Okkotsu without a second thought lunges towards Orimoto. He readies to punch her out of aggression. But his strength is much too weak. Orimoto stands there unscathed. In return Okkotsu hisses when his hand grows numb from the impact. She let's out a cackle before wrapping a hand around his weak body. 

"FREEZE!" Inumaki cries out again. His voice is hoarse as his eyes begin to gloss. A second after he's spitting out blood. Okkotsu looks over at Inumaki with fear.

"TOGE DON'T USE YOUR SPEECH ANYMORE. YOU'RE HURTING YOURSELF." Okkotsu screams out. Orimoto growls in front of Okkotsu. Annoyed that he still continues to ignore her despite being in her grasp. Water begins to fill the space as a loud crack of glass erupts. Okkotsu braces himself from the flying shards. 

You're riddled with goosebumps when you witness the situation in front of you. The monster that's holding Okkotsu is Orimoto? How are you able to see something like this? Those fairytale stories Inumaki mentioned about cursed spirits and such are real? If you're able to see her...that must mean you may have powers of your own. 

Before you and Inumaki had made your way over here, you had a sick feeling to your stomach. As if you sensed Orimoto's true figure. You had alerted Kamo of your whereabouts before charging into this mess. But who knows how long it will take Kamo to get here. Let alone if he can even help in this situation. 

How did things turn out like this? You believed this entire time that the couple was doing well. This says otherwise. Inumaki can no longer stall for time as the boy is coughing up blood. Okkotsu's powers seem to just awaken so he's rusty. While you...you're unable to do anything. 

Grinding your teeth together, you dig your fingernails deep into your palm. You wrack your brain for some kind of action to do next. Orimoto regains her muscles, her hand squeezing Okkotsu tightly causing him to groan out loud. His scream of agony rings out in your ears as you watch in terror. 

The sheer thought of watching someone you love die before you is enough to ignite the small flame that's within you. "STOP IT RIKA!" You scream out. A surge of power ripples through your veins. Suddenly everything around you begins to float in mid air. You're unsure what this all means. But you raise your right hand up, the water that surrounds you begins to swirl by your right side. 

Winging it, you move your hand as if you're using the water as a whip against Orimoto's body. She hisses out in response. You hear your heart thumping loudly as you force your legs forward. Your right hand continues to manipulate the water as a weapon while you experiment with your other hand. Splitting your focus, you look over to Inumaki when you stand by him. 

Not having done any of this before it takes a lot out of you as you envision yourself lifting Inumaki off the ground. He looks bewildered when he finds himself floating. "D-Don't panic Toge." You stammer out, feeling beads of sweat litter your forehead from such concentration. It's more difficult than you can imagine. You let your guard down for a second to focus entirely on Inumaki.

Using the water, you create a bubble to put him in before sending him off to a safer distance away from the rising water. The bubble pops and he lands on the ground with a soft thud. You feel a moment of victory when you managed to do something like that. But the happiness is short lived when Orimoto swipes at you with your back turned to her. "Y/N!" Okkotsu shouts out as you feel scratches against your back. 

You hiss under your breath, turning around to glare at the monster. "LET YUTA GO RIKA!" Screaming out, you try to focus on prying her hands off Okkotsu. But Orimoto is nothing like the water you tried to put Inumaki in. Her strength is ten times as strong. 

Your inner thoughts cry out that your efforts are for nothing but you drown those thoughts out. You'll do anything you can to make sure Okkotsu is free. Even if that means you're getting hurt in the process by Orimoto's attacks. She's unforgiving with her movements. She begins to use her tail as a whip. The sound painful against your body.