♡ 10 | A slow moment

"I'm home." You whisper to the empty house. Stepping to the side, you welcome Inumaki and Kamo inside. Your mind races as you wonder if your room is decent from this morning. Inumaki closes the door for you while the three of you take your shoes off. 

Kamo sets his belongings down where Inumaki places his. "Are you parents not home?" Kamo looks at the empty living room and dining room before setting his eyes on you. Pursing your lips, you shake your head. You make your way over to the kitchen to grab drinks for the boys. 

"I hardly see them. You can say they're workaholics." You answer casually while reaching for some cups in the cabinet. "Tea, water, soda, or juice?" You open the fridge without looking at Kamo. 

Inumaki likes his juice so you're already filling his cup up. Kamo slowly walks towards the living room, staring at every photo frame that hangs on the wall. "Tea is fine with me." Kamo responds in a soft tone. You hear quick footsteps in the living room as you top off all the cups. 

Your eyes widen slightly when you see Inumaki showing a baby photo of you to Kamo. Hurrying, you grab the tray of drinks and join the two in the living room. Once you set the tray down, you hastily grab the photo from Inumaki. "Hey, don't just go showing Kamo my baby pictures Toge. That's emba..." 

The heat in your face rises when you hear Inumaki chuckle under his breath. Kamo looks indifferent, a shrug to his shoulders. "You look adorable if that's what you're worried about." Kamo's chill behavior eases your nerves. He sits down on the sofa and thanks you for the drink. 

Inumaki plops beside him and happily chugs down the juice in front of him. You set the photo down on the coffee table with a soft sigh. You sit yourself across the two, sipping on your juice. There's no exchange of words while Kamo continues to gaze around. What are you to do with Kamo? Is there something he wants to do at a friends house after school?

"Wanna go see Y/N's room? There's more to see there too." Inumaki's phone says aloud, catching yours and Kamo's attention. You choke on your juice when the boys stand up and make their way upstairs. You scramble to get up and follow after them.

"W-Wait! Shouldn't you ask me first?!" You call out to the boys who pretend to ignore you. But they're respectful enough to not just barge in. The two boys wait outside of your door, waiting for you to welcome them in. Exhaling, you stare at the two. 

Twisting the door knob open, you crack it slightly to scan the room before allowing them in. You step aside and welcome them in reluctantly. Inumaki smiles from ear to ear, skipping inside while Kamo bows slightly before entering. It's not like you've never had guys over in your room before. Inumaki and Okkotsu have seen your space.

But it's different when Kamo is here. The moment he enters your room, he'll learn things about you that you've never showed or mentioned. Your room being your personal escape away from the world. So it's no surprise that there's more for him to see here. Your eyes follow Kamo's back. 

He's mindful to not touch anything as he looks around. You're unsure how he feels with his blank face. He walks over to your desk to peer at the several framed photos that line up the top. Photos of your friend group decorate majority of your room. Several being with Okkotsu. 

Kamo exhales with a cross to his arms. You stiffen when he looks at you from the corner of his eye. "You're really head over heels for this boy Yuta." Kamo speaks nonchalantly. Your eyes widen with a blush streaking across your face. Inumaki purses his lips, fighting back the chuckle that erupts within his throat. 

You walk over to face down the frames. A huff and puff escaping your lips. "Shut up. They're just photos of our friendship over the years." Your voice falls flat when you stare at one of the photos before facing it down. The outer corners of your lips fight to not frown. 

Kamo silently observes you, his arms unravelling to rest by his side. Inumaki busies himself with playing on your game console. You timidly look over to Kamo. "Aren't you going to look around some more? Or is there something else you want to do?" 

Kamo ponders on what to say next. There's something that's obviously bothering Y/N. Everything today feels imbalanced. But he has no right to pry Y/N further than he already has. He purposely visited her house to gain any kind of information about the group of friends. But it's a failure if he's unable to observe the four together. 

He turns away from her to walk over to a bookshelf. Kamo glances left and right but nothing sticks out. This room is just a room with an obsession over Anpanman. There's no energy that he can sense. Kamo's attention stops short when he sees another photo of the group of friends. Somewhere deep down, Kamo feels a bit jealous.

To grow up with close friends like this must be memorable. But there is pain when there's happiness. The mention of Okkotsu around Y/N only makes her sadden today. She must feel upset from the distance that Gojo's created. The man purposely split the friends apart to quicken the speed of their powers to awaken. 

But Gojo isn't the only one to create a distance. There seems to be a drift within the friends themselves. From the intel Gojo's given Kamo, the four are consistently together. From going to school, eating lunch, and heading home. Sometimes the four would occasionally hang out after school too. However, today Kamo finds himself only with Inumaki and Y/N.

He turns around to look at the two who are now playing games together. Inumaki treats Y/N with such kindness and yet he's not the one she fell for. Kamo's unsure why the heart works in such an odd way. He'd think Inumaki's loyalty by Y/N's side would steer her heart away from Okkotsu but that's not the case here. 

Another question pops in Kamo's mind. Maybe Inumaki's kindness towards her is more than a friend. Maybe the boy himself has feelings for the girl. But these thoughts are straying further and further away for the reason why Kamo's here. From his observation, Inumaki and Y/N both only see one another as a good friend. 

"Kamo. Join us." Inumaki's text speech snaps Kamo out of his inner monologue. He sits down in front of the kotatsu across from Inumaki. Inumaki hands Kamo another controller and the three begin to brawl it out. Never having played this before, Kamo easily gets his ass kicked. 

Inumaki and Y/N uncontrollably laugh when Kamo tosses himself off the platform. "Kamo, you have to fight us. Not get yourself killed." Y/N cries out in laughter. His gray eyes look over to the girl who's tearing up from belly laughing. 

Kamo doesn't find this funny at all. But that's only because he's upset how terrible he is at games. Most of his youth consisted of training his powers. Not once has he sat down and played games with friends like this. Kamo gets more serious when his eyes are glued to the screen. 

For a moment, he forgets about focusing on his mission. It seems like Y/N is able to teach him a thing or two. Like the value of hearing someone laugh so freely. And to just enjoy slow moments like this.