♡ 20 | Girl talk

You grab your belongings to head out to the onsen. There's a lot on your mind and you want nothing more than to rid of it by staring at the starry sky. To your surprise as you're exiting your room, Maki is also closing her door with belongings in her arms. The two of you briefly make eye contact and you awkwardly say hello. Her serious aura makes it hard for you to get a read on her. 

Her eyes lower down to your own belongings. She parts her lips slowly to speak in a low tone. "Are you planning to shower?". Nodding your head, you form a tiny smile. You clear your throat to speak up.

"I'll be going to the onsen. So the bathroom is free in the dorms." You quickly give a short bow before hurrying past Maki. You feel her eyes on your back as you practically run out of the dorms. You only relax when you feel the cool summer air against your face.  

Something touches your shoulder and you let out a squeak. Jumping from surprise, you turn to look over and see Maki beside you. She wears a still expression. Why is she here? Maybe she is actually going to the onsen too? 

"You should be more aware of your surroundings." Maki's voice is as calm as usual. She carefully lays something on top of your towel. To your embarrassment you had dropped your bra behind. Face flushing you hurry to hide your bra back in your towel. 

You slur out a thank you and Maki gives you a short nod. She looks up at the moon that shines brightly above the trees. "Maybe I should take a soak in the onsen too." Maki speaks more to herself than to you. She begins to make her way ahead as you watch her leave. 

Your shoulders droop when you realize the onsen will have another occupancy. But the weather outside tempts you to go to the onsen anyway. Even if it will be awkward with Maki there. You carefully follow after her. The closer you get to the onsen is when you realize the two of you will be completely naked in front of one another. 

You slap a hand to your face that heats up. "Do I make you uncomfortable? I can leave." Maki speaks up as the two of you enter the changing room before entering the onsen. You stiffen as you've been caught. 

It's rude of you to tell her to leave when the onsen is a free space for everyone to use. Shaking your head you walk over to one of the stalls to set your things down. You form a bewildered expression when you hear a soft snicker from Maki. She clicks her tongue with a shake to her head. "You're a terrible liar Y/L/N." 

The sound of fabric being removed causes you to remain still in your spot. You only move when you hear Maki exhale and leave towards the onsen. Placing a hand over your chest, you feel your heart racing dramatically. This is all too embarrassing. At least your mind is temporarily distracted by other matters. 

You begin to remove your clothes with nervous thoughts. You pray Maki has her eyes closed when you enter the onsen. Clutching onto the towel, you leave the changing room. You peek over at the onsen to see Maki with her eyes closed. She easily notices your presence when she speaks up. "I'm not looking."

Exhaling quietly under your breath, you relax your shoulders and make your way over. You rest your towel on a nearby bench before stepping in. The warm water of the onsen easily rids you of your nerves. You only feel comfortable when most of your body is submerged in the water. Maki only opens her eyes when she hears you've silently settled in. 

"Have you never taken a bath with another female before Y/L/N? Not even with that...Orimoto girl was it?" Maki tries to make small talk. You've never heard her be so vocal before. She must be trying her best to ease your nerves. 

Raising your eyes up, you stare at the stars above you. "Not really. I'm a single child and Rika and I never went to an onsen together." Your thoughts begin to wander on about Orimoto. The two of you were friends but nothing to be considered as best friends. Orimoto clung onto Okkotsu more than you and Inumaki.