PROLOGUE

• • • ○ ○ ○ ♡ ○ ○ ○ • • •

"I shouldn't have met you." Too much pain is in her eyes. Fury...rage... emotions that she should have felt are gone. What remain is the pity of once again falling on the same trap.

"You don't mean that." Sorrow is in his eyes. Not just with him alone. Their eyes are reflection of hers. However, their pain is fresh. Glass that just shatters. Wood that just crackles with the heat. Hers are old and deep... dark and chard to ashes. Hers are scabbing and ugly. Too ugly.

"Men don't love. You don't..." She sobs. The words refuse to come out.

"I didn't love you. And I never will." The memory of the first wound.

"I had no choice. I had to do it." The betrayal that tore her apart.

"Should you use your brain? How can I love you?" The proof of her idiocy.

"Please don't... You know too well how much we love you." One cries, almost wailing. They are losing her. They are losing themselves.

"Do you even know what love means?" She can still remember the mocking laughs. The shoes on her belly as she lost her only purpose.

"You don't know the world, silly." The scarlet life drained out from her very chest.

"I know. I know you all lot. I should have been better." She whispers to no one. There are seven of them but she couldn't say it to anyone.

She shuts her eyes, refusing to see what she is to them. What they are to her. She doesn't like to see the eyes.

Not their eyes.

She could remember the cold stare as he slit her throat. She had felt the cement on that rainy day. It was cold. It was merciless. She was choking on her own blood as she shuddered and embraced the chill that was slowly invading her still naïve heart.

That was...

"Let us meet again." The sorrow on the tone was frightening. She didn't want to... she doesn't want to.

"I shouldn't have met you." She only says before her world darkens, engulfed by the void with the sickle of death.

• • • ○ ○ ○ ♡ ○ ○ ○ • • •