XIV. DRAINED AND CONFLICTED

Empty promises and hollow words of love

Empty promises and hollow words of love... They were all the same. He vouched for his honor, his sword, and his world for my heart. I shouldn't fall... but I did.

~ Memory Journal: The Knight page 7 ~

She didn't mean to let the sea swallow her. She didn't mean to give away her will and rush on the strong current of her inner turmoil. She didn't mean to sink on the sea's embrace.

The cold somehow quelled the seething fire on her skin but immediately it engulfed her being to the danger of its tranquility. She sensed her doom. The numbness was too good to be a cure. Nonetheless, it was an unsurprising short-lived remedy.

The sea had become an endless blue with its tentacles holding her to its eternal depths. The force was tender, yet she couldn't fight it. The dark siren was gently singing a beckoning melody. And so, she let it be. After all, it hadn't been her first. Dying with the heavenly song of peace was not bad compared to the screaming punishing hell of betrayal. At last, pain was no more, yet as soon as she begun to sink, a voice called and she was lurched from its grasp.

She couldn't believe it. His touch was what she needed. And when his lips touched hers, the result was instant. The needles ,that had been a torture to her body and soul, were blazed to ashes and vanished like it hadn't been there before. Her skin glowed. Her heart palpitated vigorously. She felt alive.

She hated it.

She should have been left alone. It was a chance of escaping her doom. After all, sooner or later, she would fall to her usual end. She had been wanting to end everything. Death could be horrifying solution to all her problems but it was a solution nonetheless.

So conflicted, she cried.

Truthfully, she didn't want to be alone. She didn't want to end it that way. His hands on her wrists proved her that. With his touch, her soul soared. It rejoiced with just that pitiful connection.

That's why when he leaned for a kiss, she tasted hunger. It was everything she desired. Her blood seemed to liquified from its solid freezing state. Her nerves tingled with life. Her body heated with pleasure. She wanted more. She wanted him, and so she kissed back. However, the reminder of what she had been swearing all along awakened her from her dream-like state.

After all, it should never be.

She tried to kick him. Rage fueled her. 'How dare he easily capture my soul and swerve my will?' She wanted to shout but her voice came out in a whimper. She wanted to call him crazy... a molester? Yet the look on his eyes melted her resolve. With the flatter of his lashes, the world started to spin. Her whole being wanted to sing. She became pliant. Maybe her head was still with the freezing blues. Maybe she was already dead and she was in heaven with one of her soulmates.

'It could be, right?'

Then, the anger on his voice was too real. She could hear the fear of losing her.