XXXIX. LEADER'S WOES

He's the noblest man I had ever known

He's the noblest man I had ever known. Yet, he had the curiousness that no other on his status has. Walking among the common folks didn't bother him, nor the dirt that smeared his robe. As long as he learned...

~ Memory Journal: Scholar's Book page 2 -

"So? I heard what happened."

Namjoon grins. His dimples showing. "News do spread fast, isn't it?"

"If you don't want to share, just don't say anything." His hyung grumbles.

"Yes, Yoongi hyung. She went to my apartment." Taehyung replies instead with his beaming boxy smile.

Yoongi simply nods and slouches on the couch. Back to appearing disinterested, he closes his eyes. A sign that he's already over with the conversation. Yet, the excited Taehyung doesn't stop.

"And we kissed." Taehyung announces, earning a chuckle from Namjoon. How to break to Taehyung that it was not really a kiss. It was just a peck. Not even on her lips.

Yoongi's one eye opens as he stares the younger for a moment then scoffs a "Good for you. You're no longer a virgin."

Taehyung dramatically gasps, offended.

"Wahhh... No need to be so rude." Jimin retorts for his best friend.

Yoongi simply closes his eyes again, but Jimin smacks his feet perched on the coffee table to pass, making him grumble a silent curse. "Aish..."

"What's with you Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung mischievously teases, not at all affected with Yoongi's rude remark.

Namjoon sighs as he silently hand-signs Taehyung to just stop bothering the second eldest. After knowing what really happened, he can't help sympathizing him. He is curious if there is more to what he said, considering how he is staying away even though he can choose to reconnect with her. After all, the two had been in a real relationship. If it would have been him, he could have forgiven her already. Yet again, he's not Min Yoongi.

"You know what? We talked. Whole heartedly at that." Taehyung, adamant to continue irate Yoongi, adds. "We're practically so close now." He even winks to the pouty Jimin.

Namjoon just silently sighs again, not minding correcting the second youngest. Nonetheless, there are truths to what he said. Sooner or later, they will be close. Hopefully, that will include all the seven of them. And hopefully it will be soon.

"And you didn't even text me. You knew I was worriedly waiting for her at home!" Namjoon hears Jimin exclaims as he takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and leans on the mirrored walls to rest for a little bit. But no matter, he can't help but eavesdrop to the two.

"Nah... You can't even remember messaging us when you're with her." Taehyung retorts. "I knew you were with her yesterday."

"Ugh. You're petty." Jimin exasperatedly says. "And no. She was not home yesterday."