XXXIII. LACED AND DAZED

I always wondered how he had such vast knowledge of herbs

I always wondered how he had such vast knowledge of herbs. He always knew what each was for. One for wounds. Another for diseases varying from flu and another for far worse. I wondered how he had become a healer for the village... I wondered...

- Memory Journal: The Healer page 1 –

For weeks now, he has always been confused. Most of the time, he feels stupid. Just like now, he doesn't know what's his purpose is, as he stands, gazing at Jin-hyung muttering soothing words to their sobbing soulmate.

His heart both wilts on her agony, crushing it even, but at the same time it flares with anger. But to whom?

Once again, so confused.

Should he hug her close and say the same words of understanding or ran towards his Yoongi-hyung and do just that to the man?

Which to choose?

The spark that he felt even with her presence swirls within him. He suspects that if he touches her, he will burst and be reduced to embers. He's like those moths that burn to their bedazzled firelight.

He gets It now. They're the moths and she is their fire. They are a bunch of idiots to their soulmate. If she is the kind that makes them suffer, just like what she did to Yoongi, then why does his heart clenches with each of her cries? Every droplet of her tears makes him ache with so much pain.

Why does he still have faith that she didn't mean to do everything, as if she's a child and she didn't have accountability on whatever she does? Why can't he just let that anger simmer and hate her?

He winces.

Yep. They're moths... stupid moths.

Unconsciously, his footstep forwards and his hands reach out for her but before he could burn, he holds himself up and freezes. Before his soul can unconditionally ablaze him and reduces to ashes, he turns his back from the two and chooses to be a great friend – a sworn brother. She may be their soulmate, but Yoongi was his brother first before meeting her. He could try understanding her and her actions later but for now, he must be with his Yoongi hyung.

Though his action lurches his stomach down, he still walks away.

The drive towards the Yoongi's home is as quick as blinking as the two eldests' residence are so close to each other. He could even walk if he wanted to. That would give him more time to process his feelings. Thankfully, he didn't.

The door is ajar. Knowing the older, a security freak, his chest heaves with nervousness. With bated breath, he pushes it open and even with accurate presumption, he still halts, not knowing what to do.

Yoongi is on the floor, heaving with his hands supporting him. A broken lampshade is at the top of a smashed glass coffee tabletop. Shards of broken vase are along the wall near him. It seemed Yoongi had thrown the ornament and broke it with seething anger.