VIII. GAMES OF FATE

I saw the disbelief on his wide eyes and on the awkward curve on his lips

I saw the disbelief on his wide eyes and on the awkward curve on his lips. The day after, I didn't see him. I thought my beloved scholar was no more.

~ Memory Journal: Scholar's Book page 12~

• • • ○ ○ ○

"Why?" She mumbles the same word a thousand times.

Why was he there? And why was she willing to tell him her woes, her problems, her fears? And above all, why did she allow her soul to wish more time with him that ultimately make her taste the glory of being?

He is her soulmate and the pleasure was so real. It quenched the thirst of her soul. It should have been... But it shouldn't...

For how many years, she had been eluding herself from their presence, trying to erase the footprints that she might have been imprinted. She wanted to be nothing... A mere dream... A mere faint illusion. But there she had allowed herself to devour the fruit that she longed to forbid. She shouldn't have done it.

"Shit!" She curse herself.

No matter how many times she paces around her hotel suit, she can no longer go back in time. She can no longer escape from the things she did.

Her caress on his chest as he heaved, almost breathless from their fierce kiss, was euphoric. His skin was so hot, melting her into a brainless pool of nothing but pure lust. She was trembling. Her whole being was mewling with so much wanton. She never wanted else but to feel him quiver with her featherlight caress. The same as her, she wanted him lost, then together they could fly their way to nirvana.

Of course, she knew who he was. The voice alone was an obvious give away. However, she dismissed it for deeply she yearned even for a moment. That time, longing prevailed instead of her cautions. Alarms blared but she chose not to hear. She could see but glossed him as someone else. She could talk but all she could utter were seductive moans that could erect all the hairs of their bodies. Her lips against his skin were so wet and all consuming. His were possessive yet gentle. Her bones bent with his passion. Her soul sang.

"Namjoon! More!" Her screams were of his name, sugary sweet that she wanted to taste, asking more and more. She wanted him more. She wanted him to snap her to oblivion and pound her with the punishment of keeping herself away from him... from them. She wanted to feel pain just like her past rebellions, her multiple tries in besting fate, yet she felt only shivering pleasure.

She falls to the couch. The memory is tingling her nerves.

"You should have been mine." His whisper was her fear, but she reveled on it. The weight of him was a reminder that he was real and it could be real if she wanted to. Her body and soul wanted to.