XXIX. HOLDING TIGHTLY

"One last time? There is no getting out of this! You are going to bare the heir, no matter what!" My father's words echoed inside my head as I looked at his majesty, his gentle eyes and gentle smile, so different to the cruel king her father paint...

"One last time? There is no getting out of this! You are going to bare the heir, no matter what!" My father's words echoed inside my head as I looked at his majesty, his gentle eyes and gentle smile, so different to the cruel king her father painted him to be.

~ Memory Journal: The King's Court, page 8~

Kim Seokjin has a grave dilemma.

He has no particular destination in mind. In fact, he can't think of one. He only drives one hand, while the other is preoccupied with her warmth, appearing calm even with the throbbing nerves.

He doesn't even know what to say, so afraid to break the comfortable silence between them. As silly as it sounds, he is even afraid to take a glance at her face, afraid that she might pop up like the bubble of his dreams. She might be a figment of his imagination and maybe, if he does that, he might wake up and realize that this is just his delusion. So, he remains quiet, enjoying the slow motion of being with her against the fast paced outside. It's as if they are living in their own world and whatever that's not them is insignificant.

"Can we have a short detour?"

A smile curves on his lips as he nods.

Her voice is sure not a mere hallucination as it echoes within the chambers of his heart. It dribbles and trebles like a suspense...like a much-awaited game. The great part is, it's here, it's staying, and it's vibrating to his chest, simmering, achingly beautiful. It tells him that she is so real.

Oh, she is so real!

"Where to?" He asks, finally taking a glance on her glowing skin.

He whispers thanks to the wonderful timing of the red traffic light as he is allowed to bask on her beauty. She looks brilliantly rosy as she seriously types something on her phone. Strands of her long shiny black hair slowly curtains the side of her face he's adoring. If only he has extra hands, he could gingerly brush the strands and so gently tuck them on her reddened ears.

God! He is totally smitten!

She side-eyes and meets his gaze, making him momentarily stop breathing. But it only takes her a blink to quickly glance another way, cheeks becoming rosier.

So bashful!

Then as she seemingly processes his question, she clears her throat and opens her mouth to reply...

"H&G Industries building is at the corner. I need to get something... I-I-I was supposed to be working today, but –"

He never knew that she could be chatty. However, as if realizing the same, she zips her mouth and just looks at him. Her eyes seem to beg before once again looking anywhere but him.

Immediately, he covers his mouth before he can puff a chuckle. It's quite entertaining to see her flustered. It's great knowing that it's not only him feeling that way. And with a tight grip on the stirring wheel, he tries hard to just kindly smiles, nods, and calmly replies an "Okay."