XVI. CHOCOLATE ORBS

He surprised me while I was busily picking the tea leaves

He surprised me while I was busily picking the tea leaves. He then took a comb and gave it to me, asking me if I would allow him to take good care of me. Of course. Who would ever say no?

~ Memory Journal: The Healer Court page 7 ~

Hoseok's laugh echoes in the practice room. He's teasing Jungkook's toothy grin as he announces that he takes back what he said about his soulmate, saying that it was pure inconsiderate and a spur of a moment thing. He does not think and feel against her anymore. Rather, he is ready to do everything for his fated mate.

The others who are seated on the practice room's floor, like behaved school children, listening to their classmate's adorable nervous report, are gawking in awe. After all, the youngest's quick shift in attitude is something so unexpected. They are happy though. It's high time that the maknae recognizes his luck in having a soulmate from the very start of his soul ink's appearance and now, even meeting her.

"What is her name?" Yoongi asks as he beams with the shy demeanor of the youngest.

"Um... I just call her noona." Jungkook says while scratching the back of his head.

"You didn't arrive for practice and now you tell us you don't know her?" Hoseok once again laughs as he stands and slaps Jungkook's back.

Hoseok had been practically seething for the youngest's absence. After all, for all these times, he knows the importance of everyone's presence to mend whatever arguments they are in. It has been like that. If two or three quarrel, then the team must be involved in the discussions. It's how they should be. It's how they have been strengthening their bonds as a team and as brothers. However, as he knew the reason, he couldn't help but be happy for their youngest. Every one of them are. Now that Namjoon and Taehyung have come to a decision and everything on their end has been ironed out, their hearts has been at eased.

"Hyung... I bet he was too flustered to ask." Jimin giggles.

"No... I-I..." Jungkook wants to explain but is stopped with Jin.

"No need to tell us if you want to keep her for yourself." Jin grins as he stands and ruffles Jungkook's hair. "I'm happy for you." He adds and pats his back.

Jungkook blushingly smiles. Though he would want her all for himself, but he would definitely introduce her to them. They are his hyungs... his brothers... and they deserve to know whomever makes him happy. They must know who will he spend the rest of his life is and vice versa. Not for now though. Not when the youngest appears to be not ready... yet.

"Did you kiss?" Taehyung mischievously says, playfully fist bumping the youngest's arms.

"Tae!" Namjoon warns.

"What? Isn't it natural to have such pull with your soulmate? You said it yourself." Taehyung exclaims.

"He can't even ask her name." Jin scolds.