XXI. FORGOTTEN FRAGMENTS

The fire on the skin was a welcome delight

The fire on the skin was a welcome delight. At least, it made him cry. But why were his tears more scorching than the fire around me?

~ Memory Journal: The Plague page 19 ~

His eyes slowly flutter open. Taking in his surroundings, he looks around the room. There are speakers, and a high-end computer set-up with a huge monitor screen. Yet, unlike his studio, it has a drum set instead of his pianos at the side. The surrounding is black and sleek, with few hero figurines on the surface of the desk and the shelf at the side.

His brows crease as clarity endows him.

He had slept in Jungkook's studio and the man is nowhere to be found.

He groans as he lifts himself up to sit on the couch. He feels like he had drunk the strongest liqueur. His heart is heavy and his head is aching. His body feels lethargic as if he had just run a marathon. Curious, for he had done none of those.

Was he that stressed?

No. He wasn't. At least not before he came to tease the youngest after Namjoon's call of praising the new song which he had given to Jungkook to add his vocals. He came with a light heart, once again proud for their maknae, but the youngest was acting strange.

His gaze followed Jungkook's exit with a frown, wondering why the man ran with such haste. As he looked back to the monitor, his gummy smile bloomed.

"That brat. Still shy with his work." He amusingly assumed. "Even for how many years." He continued as he bent to study what Jungkook had been doing. A certain mix got him curious, making him reach for the mouse, but accidentally it switched to another tab instead.

The first thing he saw Is a zoomed in photo of a woman. The recognition was not instant. He had tilted his head as his gaze bore to the pair of orbs, then he recognized her as his Jin hyung and Hoseok's soulmate. However, there is something so strange that boiled within him as his gaze prolonged... the same strange feeling he had felt that night in the liqueur store... the same feeling even before that... those...

He groans. His head aches much more.

"Hyung?" Yoongi hasn't realized Taehyung's presence. He is standing in front of him with a bottled water on hand. "You're okay?" The younger asks.

"Mmm kay." He hums.

Taehyung pulls the swivel chair and sits in front of him then hands him the water.

"Thanks." Yoongi gratefully drinks. "And where's Jungkook?" He asks after.

Taehyung nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. He was quite in a hurry." He retorts.

"Not even bothering to check on me?" Yoongi grimly pouts.

"Well? What really happened? Jungkook seemed perplexed as he settled you on the couch before you slept and asked us to get lost."