XXXIV. UNWAVERING SMILES

Even with the weight of his crown, he still bared the gentlest smile upon her

Even with the weight of his crown, he still bared the gentlest smile upon her. Even with the entire kingdom seemingly opposing her... not with the queen's unfair games... with her, he was still hers.

- Memory Journal: The King's court page 5 –

Soul glow

Soul ink

Soul siren

Soul feel

Soul swap

Soul melt

The latter is obviously not just with Namjoon. She can also feel it with the others, especially when close. However, there is nothing more magnetic than the band leader's pull on her soul. Admittingly, while with others she only longs to come close, Namjoon's is much more potent.

And the last thing on her list... Soul ring. She didn't know she has one of the purest soulbound with Jimin. She thought she only has soul melt with him as she couldn't help but be enamored with the man...

The tapping of her fingers resonates in her office as she looks at her notes once again.

She has been listing every soul bound that she has with them, or rather, they have with her.

There's no concrete explanation why men bring such genetic mutation. History tells that's it's always the case, even with same male bounds. It's okay with normal bonded couples, but with a Multiple, with one female in the bond, it's expected for the female to manifest all her soulmates' signs. No wonder, in ancient times, most cultures regarded women as men's possession. Same female soulmate is rather a taboo and often times disregarded since there's no physical proofs.

"Soul drain."

She reads on the pesky name. It's not a soul bound, but rather a disorder.

Souls mate. She once read it before. If souls can't mate at a certain age, their essence drains. And as it does, it manifests towards its vessel – the body. Bruising is just a minor manifestation. In reality, body cells slowly drain their core energy morphing them into molecular ticking bombs, destroying the body from the inside. That's why it's often times be mistaken for cancer. Perhaps cancer develops from soul drain. With the advent of technology, cell therapy and suppressants exist. But letting the soulmates physically connect is still the best option. It's like magic, with prolonged contact, it totally heals the body and soul.

She frowns as she weakly leans over her desk.

She has no more tears to cry. She is tired from wallowing and drowning herself with tears. She shouldn't be sorry. After all the years... All those lifetimes... she should have accepted her fate already. Maybe, if she vanishes, they will be okay...

Yoongi's contorted face pangs another stinging pain on her chest. Maybe if she requests him to forget her for the last time, there will be one less person who would be sad when she is gone. The six will be fine. She's sure of it.