XXXVIII. BEGIN AGAIN

The first time I saw him, I shook with fear

The first time I saw him, I shook with fear. At first glance, I thought he was a bear with his build. But when he looked upon me, my heart whimpered. His eyes were the gentlest I had ever seen.

- Memory Journal: The Scholar's Book, page 1 –

Patience is his virtue. He is willing to wait, until she comes to him. But the moment he saw Taehyung's solemn face and the message he let him read, his heart sunk.

She wants to meet Taehyung. At least, it's what Jimin messaged directly to the man.

"Sorry Namjoon hyung."

Taehyung was and always is compassionate. Seven or none. Even with the excitement of finally meeting her, the younger wanted it to be with him... or better yet, with all of them.

"In case I lost my tongue." His silly reason made him chuckle.

It's understandable. Venturing to multiple soulbound is overwhelming. Admittingly, he himself still finds it surprising that the seven of them share one soulmate. As men, where they only share one soulbound with their soulmate, it's still quite nerve-wracking. What more to her with seven bounds swirling on her soul?

Perhaps it's the reason of her plight.

He sighs. With a phone tight on his hand, he starts walking around. He is anxious.

'How is Taehyung?'

He heard the two youngest are with her as well.

'Are they okay? Is she okay?'

He can't help but imagine her smile.

'Will she want me too?'

The ache of her never arriving on that café still lingers. He waited all through the night, hoping she would eventually come. He only left when a staff told him of the cafe's closing.

He felt unwanted, the more after knowing that she had known him as one of her soulmates all along.

He whisks the creeping darkness away and sighs.

He is surrounded with glorious works of art, paintings and sculptures of famed artists, their life bleeding on each masterpiece, but none interests him. His mind is all about on what could have been and the notification that vibrates through his phone.

'Will I ever be allowed?'

He feels pathetic to stay next the restaurant, expecting for something that might not happen at all. He should be patient.

Deciding to just go and wait for any news at home, he walks out from the gallery and trudges the exit. As he drags his steps, occasionally pulling his cup down from any prying eyes, he remembers how he should be supportive. He just can't leave! However, instead of making a turn and walk towards the restaurant next to the gallery he was in, he is made immobile. He is taken a back. A mix of gladness, excitement, as well as confusion and worry swirl inside his chest. Not with a woman comes walking away from the direction he is ought to head to. Not with such haste on each of her steps, or even to the distraught she appears to be, but to who she is.