II. BITTERSWEET SOULMATES

When he said he loved me, I thought that he really did

When he said he loved me, I thought that he really did. Damn him!

- Memory Journal: The Traveling Merchant page 9 -

• • ○ ○ ○

"What the heck was that Taehyung-ah? How many times did you have to miss your timing?" The eldest starts his nagging. He has been annoyed for a quarter of the duration of their concert because of the second youngest's behavior. "You had forgotten your lines multiple times. Mind you, I am almost always after you. I had to cover up for you." He adds in exasperation.

Hands on his cheeks, Taehyung just grins, not minding the irritated Jin, seemingly so caught up in his own world.

Jimin giggles as he sits beside the younger, endearingly caressing his sweaty head. "Are you that happy to have this concert in Korea? You even cried before our first ment."

"And he was out of his mind after that." The youngest – Jungkook supplies.

"Then after, he was grinning like a lunatic." Hoseok adds.

Taehyung's grin widens into a boxy smile.

"Look at him!" Jin points out. "I can't believe this!"

"You're really becoming creepy Taehyung-ah. What's happening?" Hoseok begins to worry. Yes. Taehyung is known to be bubbly. He has a happy soul, and they know that. It's just that, the way he behaved is a bit puzzling. The way he cried even though it has been the second day of their three-day concert in Seoul Olympic Stadium is a lot more boggling. It's like, they were not seeing Taehyung at all. The look in his eyes shows longing instead of pure happiness and joy for finally having the event after the years they had to lay low because of the pandemic. That short moment when they were all staring to his crying face gave them chills all over and they couldn't even explain it.

The leader – Namjoon, sits beside the second youngest and encircles his arms on his shoulders. "Taehyung-ah. Are you okay? Is there something you are not telling us?"

As if snapped from his trance, Taehyung clears his throat and frantically looks at his fellow members. "Huh?"

Namjoon's brows knit. He clucks his tongue.

"Yahhh. Taehyung-ah... Are you even listening?" Jin nags before Namjoon could even speak.

"Sorry hyung... I was just out of it." Taehyung mumbles, but loud enough for Jimin to hear.

Jimin's worried gasp garners all their attention. The more with his next words. "Did you black out again? Is that it. Isn't it? You often times in trance when it happens."