XXXV. A FIRM SQUEEZE

Their eyes were moons as they crescent the moment they saw her

Their eyes were moons as they crescent the moment they saw her. It made her heart flutter the way it shouldn't be. However, as they always do whenever, she can't help but revel in the feeling.

- Memory Journal: The Last, page 2 –

She admits it.

She can't do it all alone.

Time and time again, she had always failed to set sail to faith's current. In every time, she had always strayed from her path. Sure, she vouched to let destiny take its course and bring her to them. Yet, the moment her fears popped like bubbles, she ran away.

Even with Yoongi, she had her sister at her back, constantly pushing her. Now, she has Jin, taking her hands with a firm squeeze of promise.

She is a coward. She also admits that.

She should have solved her own dilemma, but she can't deny that she is in a quicksand of her own doing. Whatever she does, she only sinks deeper. Worst, the longer she stays distant, the greater the pull of her being. She can't even stand on her own feet, let alone crawl towards them.

Her soul Is howling for a helping hand. Thus, believing in his promise, she opens her mouth for the plea.

"Please... Seokjinnie... help me."

The moment she utters the words, something within her quakes and just like a newly formed butterfly, her cocoon is finally shedding, piece by piece. Hopefully, she comes out beautifully and truly free, and not a lowly moth. Or else, she would surely burn and reduce to cinders once again.

• • • ○ ○ ○ ♡ ○ ○ ○ • • •

Jin was adamant to drive her home. All through out, his hand never left hers, only driving one hand while stealing glances on her way with a soft smile on his cherry lips. Maybe he likes holding her hands too much as he did the same before. She can't blame him. Not with the satisfaction simmering on her chest. She bets he too feels the same. Not with how reassuring it is to constantly feel his warmth.

However, the moment she stepped out of Jin's car, she froze. Not with momentary loss of his warmth and the chill of the winter air seeping through her bones but with another of her soulmates standing by her house's door, seemingly waiting for their arrival.

Did Jin inform the man?

Jimin's smile of relief the moment their eyes lock literally feels like a homecoming. A welcome party would be great yet it's still nothing compared on seeing the man, clothed with a puffed jacket, cheeks pink with cold, eyes glittering with happiness, standing by her door. It's as if, he had been there since she decided to hide herself on a hotel and slave her every waking moment to work. It's as if he had been standing, waiting for every night, hoping to take a glimpse of her presence just to know if she's safe.