VI. OMINOUS FUTURE

Another scholar had been eyeing me from head to toe

Another scholar had been eyeing me from head to toe. Instead of being creeped out, I reveled on it. He seemed to like me with the way he nodded as he listened to my unintelligent rumblings.

~ Memory Journal: Scholar's Book page 3

• • • ○ ○ ○

"What is happening to us?" Jungkook whine echoes loud inside the gymn. The clear exasperation on his voice snaps Jimin and Taehyung from their focus. The first is on a pull up bar while the latter is on his treadmill.

"What are you talking about?" Jimin asks, confused as he lets go from the bar.

"Everyone, especially the hyungs." The youngest continues.

"Does it include me?" Jimin points to himself in confusion.

"You know who I am talking about." Sighing, Jungkook retorts. "Yoongi hyung had been holed up on his studio a lot. Jin-hyung had been spacing out lately and Namjoon hyung had been chasing that particular painter."

"I was with Yoongi hyung. He is just busy with new songs. That man is inspired and he is not telling me who he got it from." Hoseok voices a he wipes his sweat with a towel. He had been dancing by the mirrored walls and decides to join with the conversation.

"Admit it hyung. He is just weird." Jungkook pouts.

"They can do whatever they want Jungkook-ah." Jimin solemnly says. Admittingly, he doesn't like how everything had been. It seems each of them has something to do without the team knowing. It's not that he opposes with everyone wanting to do something they are passionate about. However, just like the maknae, he knows something is off.

"Who are we talking again?" Taehyung joins in the conversation after turning off the treadmill and walks closer to the three.

Jungkook's eyes pierce through Taehyung.

"W-what?" Taehyung nervously chuckles. It's seldom seeing the youngest with such annoyance. He is often times quite as he observes at the sides.

"You. Us. All of us." Jungkook deeply grumbles.

"You know how Yoongi-hyung is with music. Namjoonie has been infatuated with this painter. Maybe she is his soulmate. He is not just telling us." Hoseok says.

"I don't know hyung. He had been like that the last time before his heart broke with that clout chaser. He might be on another heart break with this one." Jungkook worriedly grumbles for everyone to hear.

"You don't know that." Jimin gently says. He really wishes for their leader to be happy. He had been so adamant for normalcy that he sometimes grumbles for wanting to have a family. 'I really want to feel that Jimin-ah. You know. Coming home with a soulmate wife and kids. I just want to feel normal.' The leaders' words still ring on his head.