XVII. RAINING MEN

His eyes never judge

His eyes never judge. His words are gentle and never sneers. His smiles are not malicious and his hands were proper and polite. I wondered if he was the same as me. Was he misplaced too in this sinful house?

~ Memory Journal: Brothel page 2~

The sceneries pass like a blur. Buildings and faceless people move in a streak of light. It's deep at night but it seems everyone are out and about with the thoughts of clubs and parties while some hurries home to their families. And here she is, looking through their world with the dark tint of the car's window, face devoid of emotion, thoughts swirling of two pairs of tender hazel brown eyes.

Dal-rae had been zooning out, so disoriented and so out of focus. The exciting squeals of excitement seemed so distant, same with the world around her. A gasp of gashing adoration filled the car's interior before it silenced. She didn't even notice what made it stop until the quietness had become suffocating. It tripped her thoughts to a lone lane of wanting to escape from this vacuum void.

"Please, stop the car Mr. Park." She politely orders. Her gaze blanks to no particular point.

"M-miss Han? But its still far from your house." Ms. Seo immediately retorts in surprise as she turns towards the passenger's seat.

Dal-rae only spares the woman a quick nonchalant look before she tells the trusted driver with a calm and collected voice of "I want to walk from here, just drop me by the bus stop."

Ms. Seo flinches and shuts her mouth while the driver nods and immediately follows her request and parks.

Before the driver can open the car to assist her, she is already out on the street. As she is stepping on the sidewalk, Ms. Seo swiftly follows.

"What are you doing?" Head high, Dal-rae's brow raises in question.

Ms. Seo deeply bows. "I'm sorry Ms. Han. I know it was beyond me to talk for you. I just want to-"

"Mr. Park. Make sure to drive Ms. Seo home." She cuts her secretary's rumblings and steps forward to the empty waiting shed. However, Ms. Seo doesn't budge, making Dal-rae increasingly irritated.

"But miss... It's already late."

Looking at the concerned look of Ms. Seo, she sighs instead of scolding the woman which she should have done for the nth time today. She didn't do it, not because she tolerates the woman's behavior, but simply because she's tired.

Nothing had been in accordance to what she had planned, leading her to personally visit one of their stores to settle some things. She didn't lack on giving proper instructions. In fact, she laid them plain and simple yet some things were not falling into place. Although, there were many things that could have been prevented if only Ms. Seo followed the protocols. However, during her absence, the woman decided on it herself instead of reporting it first to her superior. It irks her that her secretary had given herself liberties to give directives and just awhile ago, she said something that she shouldn't have.