XXVI. WISHING UPON

Even with the risk of being branded as a traitor, I still chose him

Even with the risk of being branded as a traitor, I still chose him. I guess... I would always choose him.

~ Memory Journal: The Brothel, page 19 ~

"Sorry. Can we do it again?" Jimin apologetically says to the team.

They all look so exhausted as their chests heave for air after their dancing. They all feel so hot and sticky with sweat. Their costumes don't even help at all with how they feel so heavy and constraint against their bodies. The smoke effects even make breathing difficult.

"It's okay." Jin mutters. "I think I can still dance for the last time." He slowly rises as a woman pats a sponge of make-up on his face and another combing back the stray of strands of hair. The other six are also on the same situation as they take their moment to collect themselves to rehearse one more time.

It's been days. As much as they want to quit work and solve first their dilemma with their soulmate, they can't. Tonight is their costume rehearsal for an awarding event and tomorrow will be the d-day. They can't just announce their participation with their performance and then cancel it for the last minute. The program had been set. Besides, telling them their real reason will definitely cause an uproar.

"After tomorrow. I swear. I'm going to demand for a month of rest... or two." Taehyung breathlessly huffs.

"I'll request for it as well." Jungkook seconds.

"Can we even do that?" Hoseok wonders out loud.

"We can." Yoongi grumbles.

Namjoon shakes his head. How? Their calendars are full. Too full that they are all occupied even at the new year or even on the holidays. Sure, they have control as artists but cancelling all their schedules will entail a billion won worth of losses. Besides, they were the one who approved on it. He himself regretfully allowed it, thinking that he must bury himself with work and forget everything that happened before he left for Germany. He sure rushes things so unnecessarily sometimes.

"Okay... Ready?" The production director's voice momentarily takes off Namjoon from the problem and focuses back to their performance. Before the cue, he swears he has to batter himself on the perfect solution before they will regret everything. Perhaps it's the time to come around with their Shi Hyuk hyung. The man is still kept in the dark. Kudos to him, he still helped Jimin to seek for a soul doctor without much fuss. Now, it's time to tell him everything. He deserves to know and maybe he can ask for what all of them need the most right now.

• • • ○ ○ ○ ♡ ○ ○ ○ • • •

"You're still awake." Jimin says as he looks over the clear winter night. Its coldness is twice low with the cold beer on his hand.

"Same as you." Her answer is a soothing balm to his worried chest. He thought she will stay silent and leave him pinning for her, just like the few days of their nightly rendezvous... if one may call it.